GoldCoin Talk

Main Category => Mining & Pools => Topic started by: nrpatten on November 27, 2013, 03:19:07 AM

Title: GoldCoinFor.ME Up for testing!
Post by: nrpatten on November 27, 2013, 03:19:07 AM
i have put the site back online for testing its running v0.7.1.6 fingers X
Title: Re: GoldCoinFor.ME Up for testing!
Post by: MicroGuy on November 27, 2013, 03:34:03 AM
Great! Please keep in mind that it will take at least 3 days for difficulty to return to normal.  :)
Title: Re: GoldCoinFor.ME Up for testing!
Post by: superbleester on November 27, 2013, 03:39:17 AM
I shall mine here as most pools aren't updated up to 7.1.6! Thanks for updating!
Title: Re: GoldCoinFor.ME Up for testing!
Post by: MicroGuy on November 27, 2013, 03:41:01 AM
I shall mine here as most pools aren't updated up to 7.1.6! Thanks for updating!

Well, it's only been out for like 3 minutes. Lol.  ;D
Title: Re: GoldCoinFor.ME Up for testing!
Post by: MarKusRomanus on November 27, 2013, 03:46:49 AM
gld.cryptcoins.net (http://gld.cryptcoins.net) and gld.minepool.net  (http://gld.minepool.net)are both updated to 7.1.6.  NOTE:  I'm closing registration on the minepool.net one as it has way too many miners and that pool's server is reaching its max.
Title: Re: GoldCoinFor.ME Up for testing!
Post by: superbleester on November 27, 2013, 03:54:56 AM
i have put the site back online for testing its running v0.7.1.6 fingers X

How long are planning on keeping the pool up? I want to mine all night, but will it stay open all night? I can't switch when I'm asleep.
Title: Re: GoldCoinFor.ME Up for testing!
Post by: LightScribe on November 27, 2013, 04:07:15 AM
Well updated but still all orphans ? Weird !
Title: Re: GoldCoinFor.ME Up for testing!
Post by: MarKusRomanus on November 27, 2013, 04:11:33 AM
somehow the gld.minepool.net is seeing no orphans at all.
Title: Re: GoldCoinFor.ME Up for testing!
Post by: MarKusRomanus on November 27, 2013, 04:15:26 AM
It may be its sheer hashing power?  good connection?  anyways it looks like its getting most of the blocks.   Microguy, is the block explorer updated too?  http://gld.cryptocoinexplorer.com/
Title: Re: GoldCoinFor.ME Up for testing!
Post by: akumaburn on November 27, 2013, 04:23:38 AM
It may be its sheer hashing power?  good connection?  anyways it looks like its getting most of the blocks.   Microguy, is the block explorer updated too?  http://gld.cryptocoinexplorer.com/

It's the block queueing system at work + good connection.


You should start to see some competitors when the difficulty normalizes.. until then enjoy I guess.. and remember with great power comes great responsibility  8)
Title: Re: GoldCoinFor.ME Up for testing!
Post by: ltgenspecific on November 27, 2013, 10:23:31 AM
somehow the gld.minepool.net is seeing no orphans at all.

I am seeing all orphans at gld.minepool.net while every thing else appears normal. Is this to be expected?
Title: Re: GoldCoinFor.ME Up for testing!
Post by: dreamwatcher on November 27, 2013, 11:44:55 AM
It may be its sheer hashing power?  good connection?  anyways it looks like its getting most of the blocks.   Microguy, is the block explorer updated too?  http://gld.cryptocoinexplorer.com/

Both explorers are using 7.1.6:

gold.cryptocoinexplorer.com (http://gold.cryptocoinexplorer.com) - I prefer this one used as it is a test version for the CCE3 project

gld.cryptocoinexplorer.com  (http://gld.cryptocoinexplorer.com)- Production ABE based explorer

Title: Re: GoldCoinFor.ME Up for testing!
Post by: MarKusRomanus on November 27, 2013, 12:06:04 PM
somehow the gld.minepool.net is seeing no orphans at all.

I am seeing all orphans at gld.minepool.net while every thing else appears normal. Is this to be expected?

Pretty much, yeah.  that pool is getting alot of orphans again but is getting blocks.
Title: Re: GoldCoinFor.ME Up for testing!
Post by: MicroGuy on November 27, 2013, 12:07:56 PM
Based on my understanding the "meat" of the update won't take effect until block 117000.

Then there will be a period of several hours for difficulty to return to normal.
Title: Re: GoldCoinFor.ME Up for testing!
Post by: nrpatten on November 28, 2013, 06:14:00 AM
somehow the gld.minepool.net is seeing no orphans at all.

I am seeing all orphans at gld.minepool.net while every thing else appears normal. Is this to be expected?

Pretty much, yeah.  that pool is getting alot of orphans again but is getting blocks.
It may be its sheer hashing power?  good connection?  anyways it looks like its getting most of the blocks.   Microguy, is the block explorer updated too?  http://gld.cryptocoinexplorer.com/

 ::)
Title: Re: GoldCoinFor.ME Up for testing!
Post by: MarKusRomanus on November 28, 2013, 11:56:42 AM
somehow the gld.minepool.net is seeing no orphans at all.

I am seeing all orphans at gld.minepool.net while every thing else appears normal. Is this to be expected?

Pretty much, yeah.  that pool is getting alot of orphans again but is getting blocks.
It may be its sheer hashing power?  good connection?  anyways it looks like its getting most of the blocks.   Microguy, is the block explorer updated too?  http://gld.cryptocoinexplorer.com/

 ::)

When I originally posted the pool wasnt getting orphans.. it wasnt.  I spoke too soon as not long after many of the blocks turned to ophans.  Thats the weird thing about this coin right now.. I had blocks with many confirms.. over 10..then they became orphans.  I don't think I've ever seen that before.. perhaps the developers can explain why this is happening.
Title: Re: GoldCoinFor.ME Up for testing!
Post by: superbleester on November 28, 2013, 12:47:36 PM
somehow the gld.minepool.net is seeing no orphans at all.

I am seeing all orphans at gld.minepool.net while every thing else appears normal. Is this to be expected?

Pretty much, yeah.  that pool is getting alot of orphans again but is getting blocks.
It may be its sheer hashing power?  good connection?  anyways it looks like its getting most of the blocks.   Microguy, is the block explorer updated too?  http://gld.cryptocoinexplorer.com/

 ::)

When I originally posted the pool wasnt getting orphans.. it wasnt.  I spoke too soon as not long after many of the blocks turned to ophans.  Thats the weird thing about this coin right now.. I had blocks with many confirms.. over 10..then they became orphans.  I don't think I've ever seen that before.. perhaps the developers can explain why this is happening.

WE haven't reached block 117,000 yet, so no the new changes haven't take effect. After that block everything will stabilize back to what it is suppose to be. Happy mining!
Title: Re: GoldCoinFor.ME Up for testing!
Post by: 4DaysMining on December 01, 2013, 06:24:04 PM
NRPatten,

Seems like having some orphan issues --- also, considerable Hash Rate difference showing between my rig and the website.  I've double checked my rig -- still showing me hashing at 1.5 Mh/s, while the website showing .88 Mh/s.  Also - on the webpage showing Block Overview for the last hour:

Last Hour    30    26    15    11    1.4943    91812    0    0.00%    677.2    86.67% - 0 shares, 0% Percentage?

Is this just an issue with the database or we not getting shares currently for the blocks the pool is finding?
Title: Re: GoldCoinFor.ME Up for testing!
Post by: MicroGuy on December 01, 2013, 07:02:40 PM
Status update to be released in 15 minutes: https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=347.msg7586#msg7586