GoldCoin Talk
Main Category => Mining & Pools => Topic started by: MrMPH on November 30, 2013, 12:58:43 PM
-
Hi and thanks for your help. It seems like this is a friendly and helpful forum, even for a person who is new/first time to all of this mining stuff.
I would like to know the typical process of the GoldCoin wallet mining and what to expect please.
Here is what the wallet says
I selected solo mining.
Solo mining started.
It has run for about 20 hours.
It says I have 16 active connections to ColdCoin network.
It says I am up to date - 117766 blocks of transaction history - difficulty 1.63144.
It says 3452 hashes per second.
There has been no other action in transaction history or on my overview.
I have not earned any coins.
Questions.....
Do I need to connect a different way?
Do coins show up in the transaction history or on my overview page?
When do they show up?
Am I missing something to do?
If I stop and start do I lose all the work I have done?
Any other points?
Thank you very much in advance for all the replies and knowledge shared.
-
Wallet mining usually is very slow due to it CPU mining. I would reccomend GUI-Miner Scrypt for AMD cards and Cuda-Miner for Nvidia cards.
-
I recommend you use a pool mining. You will receive GoldCoins when you will succesfully solve a scrypt algorithm and the result will fit the specified difficulty. Since you haven't received any paymentand you only have 3kh/s we can assume you just didn't solve anything yet. So join a pool were you get proportional earning to your work. For example: http://gld.cryptcoins.net
-
Could someone help me set this Guiminer scrypt? Worker name: kekio84.1 password x
pool: http://gld.cryptcoins.net
GPU: AMD Radeon HD5450
I can't make it work. :( Actualy i can't make work any miner program.
-
MrMPH,
If your only using CPU's please read this How-To I made for mining with CPU's.
https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=361.0
ipaint