GoldCoin Talk

Main Category => Mining & Pools => Topic started by: Tycoon on December 01, 2013, 01:43:21 PM

Title: Best Mining Rig under $300
Post by: Tycoon on December 01, 2013, 01:43:21 PM
Could someone give me the best mining rig setup in the budget range of about $300? How many goldcoins would it be able to mine per hour at the current difficulty? Also what would the electricity consumption bill look like?

Huge thank you to all those who help :)
Title: Re: Best Mining Rig under $300
Post by: sizzflair on December 01, 2013, 01:55:06 PM
I would just buy GLD with that money to be honest.
Title: Re: Best Mining Rig under $300
Post by: Jarmentra on December 01, 2013, 06:10:53 PM
To be honest I wouldn't try for a $300 rig because a somewhat decent graphics card will be at least half of that (my 7950 was $250).
Title: Re: Best Mining Rig under $300
Post by: Tycoon on December 01, 2013, 06:34:10 PM
To be honest I wouldn't try for a $300 rig because a somewhat decent graphics card will be at least half of that (my 7950 was $250).

How much do you think I'd have to spend and how much should I increase my range by?
Title: Re: Best Mining Rig under $300
Post by: Jarmentra on December 01, 2013, 07:00:41 PM
You might be able to get by with $500 but it would have to be strictly be a mining rig.

So let's say you go with a 270x-

R9 270x - $250
MSI Mobo - $100
4GB HyperX Ram- $40
Corsair cx600 PSU -$60
AMD Athlon II x2 270 CPU - $70

Based on the prices I saw, I slightly overpriced each to provide a little headroom.
This does not include a hdd, OS,  or peripherals.
Also, keep in mind that prices change and there can be cheaper alternatives but at the cost of reliability and performance.

So we are looking at around $500 minimum for a rig that should mine around 200 goldcoins daily (in theory it should be closer to 250 but nothing is perfect).