GoldCoin Talk
Main Category => Mining & Pools => Topic started by: draceus on December 01, 2013, 08:15:51 PM
-
Hey, I cant get my solo mining to work!
Im trying to get it running with cudaminer
I have added the launch command "--scrypt -o 127.0.0.1:8122 -u "username" -p "password"
I changed the username and password to my liking in the .cfg file
when I click the shortcut the command prompt opens for like 0.2 sec and than closes again.
What am I doing wrong?
-
Are you running the GoldCoin-QT application with the '-server' variable passed to it?
-
how do I get the -server variable running?
-
Are you using Windows, OSX or Linux?
-
You have to run it from the command line. If you launch it from the command line it should be path/goldcoin -server. I am running this and it works fine for me. But you also need the config file to be named goldcoin.conf or it will not work. Try this and let me know the results.
-
I am running it on mac and these are the settings I am running with.
/Applications/GoldCoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/GoldCoin-Qt -server &
Your config file goes in /Users/"username"/Library/Application\ Support/GoldCoin\ \(GLD\)/goldcoin.conf
-
Im running windows 8.
I feel like I need to start from the beginning because everything is flying around in my head and it feels like I dont understand [beep].
is it even possible to use cuda miner?
and Im starting my goldcoin-qt with this shortcut "C:\Program Files (x86)\GoldCoin (GLD)\goldcoin-qt.exe" -server
-
I actually got it working now!
With GUIminer.
But when I run it I get message from my taskbar "please update your clients to v0.7.1.7 prior to block 118800 for continued service"
What does that mean?
edit: Reinstalled and it seems to be gone and Im actually mining!
Is there anywhere I can see how long it would take to generate a block @ 150 Mhash/s