GoldCoin Talk

Main Category => Mining & Pools => Topic started by: draceus on December 02, 2013, 09:29:06 AM

Title: Stale / invalid shares
Post by: draceus on December 02, 2013, 09:29:06 AM
Hello, started solo mining yesterday with around 150 Mhash/s

Left it running overnight and came back surprised that I had 0 GDC in my wallet.
Restarted my pc and started the miner again and now its giving me only stale / invalid shares.
What could be wrong?
Title: Re: Stale / invalid shares
Post by: MicroGuy on December 02, 2013, 09:34:29 AM
There was a client update last night to address these issues.

Mining performance should improve over the next 12 to 24 hours as the update takes effect and difficulty increases. Please make sure you are running v 0.7.1.7.
Title: Re: Stale / invalid shares
Post by: draceus on December 02, 2013, 09:36:22 AM
Ok thanks!
Title: Re: Stale / invalid shares
Post by: AZIZ1977 on December 02, 2013, 09:43:13 AM
150 Mhash/s or 150kh/s?
Title: Re: Stale / invalid shares
Post by: Stouse49 on December 02, 2013, 10:05:14 AM
Unless you have a large mining farm, if you are getting 150 MH/s, then you are using the wrong algorithm to mine.

150Mh/s would more likely be from SHA-256 hashing.  Using this algorithm, it is possible to solve blocks for GoldCoin, but they would be immediately rejected because the hash function was wrong (since it wasn't the scrypt function).
Title: Re: Stale / invalid shares
Post by: draceus on December 02, 2013, 12:03:44 PM
You are right I was using the wrong program cus I cant for the life of me get cudaminer to work!

I made a .bat file with the following

cudaminer --scrypt -o 127.0.0.1:8122 -u "username" -p "password"

but it does not work...
Any ideas?
Title: Re: Stale / invalid shares
Post by: kapare1209 on December 04, 2013, 07:50:51 AM
You are right I was using the wrong program cus I cant for the life of me get cudaminer to work!

I made a .bat file with the following

cudaminer --scrypt -o 127.0.0.1:8122 -u "username" -p "password"

but it does not work...
Any ideas?

From the IP you used it looks like you are mining solo. This will require your Goldcoin client to be running as server and fully synchronized with network. Check weather it is...