GoldCoin Talk
Main Category => Mining & Pools => Topic started by: Dercie on December 04, 2013, 08:18:29 PM
-
http://imgur.com/Y2i3GEF
This is what happens for me, what am I doing wrong? I've entered the url (RTC), port, my username and password. Also ok within Threads and Scantime. Nothing in additional parameters.
I followed this guide: https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=361.0
Any ideas? I have tried mining using so many different ways, and yes I'm a newb.
Also new to Goldcoin, bought a bit of them today, hello :)
-
Dercie,
The pool your trying to mine with uses Stratum. You can't mine it with that program if the pool uses Stratum. I just checked all of the pools listed now only use Stratum so the ScryptMiner GUI isn't going to work. Unless someone opens a Mining Pool that you can use it on.
Do you have integrated graphics on your PC? You could try using them. The only thing is mining will be slow and I know cgminer or BFGminer works using your integrated graphics.
You can download cgminer here http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/ (http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/)
I would try using 3.3 at first and see what happens.
Try this for the settings in your cgminer.conf file
Change the Username and Password to yours of course :)
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "http://gld.minepool.net:3333",
"user" : "USERNAME",
"pass" : "PASSWORD"
}
]
,
"intensity" : "10",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "128",
"kernel" : "scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "1028",
"shaders" : "0",
"gpu-engine" : "760",
"gpu-fan" : "0-85",
"gpu-memclock" : "800",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "60",
"temp-overheat" : "57",
"temp-target" : "55",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"scrypt" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}
-
Dercie,
The pool your trying to mine with uses Stratum. You can't mine it with that program if the pool uses Stratum. I just checked all of the pools listed now only use Stratum so the ScryptMiner GUI isn't going to work. Unless someone opens a Mining Pool that you can use it on.
Do you have integrated graphics on your PC? You could try using them. The only thing is mining will be slow and I know cgminer or BFGminer works using your integrated graphics.
You can download cgminer here http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/ (http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/)
I would try using 3.3 at first and see what happens.
Try this for the settings in your cgminer.conf file
Change the Username and Password to yours of course :)
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "http://gld.minepool.net:3333",
"user" : "USERNAME",
"pass" : "PASSWORD"
}
]
,
"intensity" : "10",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "128",
"kernel" : "scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "1028",
"shaders" : "0",
"gpu-engine" : "760",
"gpu-fan" : "0-85",
"gpu-memclock" : "800",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "60",
"temp-overheat" : "57",
"temp-target" : "55",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"scrypt" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}
Where can I find the cgminer.conf file? I've looked both in the 3.3 and the 3.8 version and I cannot find it. Do I have to create it myself andhow do I do that? :)
Cheers
:)
-
Copy the code in the box and save it as cgminer.conf and put it in the folder for cgminer3.3, then click on cgminer.exe. It will tell you if you connected to the Pool or not.
-
Copy the code in the box and save it as cgminer.conf and put it in the folder for cgminer3.3, then click on cgminer.exe. It will tell you if you connected to the Pool or not.
Oh thanks very much! It seems to be connected and all now.
I get the hash rate at 55 kH/s at the pool site but there is no GLD there even tho I've mined for over an hour?
Here's how it looks on cgminer:
http://imgur.com/iNBNONB
Am I doing it right?
Thanks again
-
Your doing it right and 55 KH/s isn't that bad doing it the way you are. Your getting shares of GoldCoin they should show up in your account when they get confirmed. You should also have unconfirmed coins in your account. I never used the Pool your using, so I don't know for sure.