September 29, 2026, 06:04:29 AM

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - TheUniBartender

Pages: [1]
1
Mining & Pools / Re: Solo Mining up and running, block solved, no payout :(
« on: December 02, 2013, 02:02:52 PM »
Yep.  Orphaned block.   :-\

I actually had 2 solved blocks.  The other was a reject.

If i'm understanding this correctly a reject is when another person finds a block at the exact same time as you but submits it to the network first. 

Also, from what I've read, rejects tend to be greater solo mining because the default setting of cgminer is only looking for new getwork every 60 seconds.   So, theoretically it's possible that the current work your rig is hashing has already been done for the last 60 seconds and just doesn't know about it yet.   This is not good lol.     

There's also the message "no long polling available".   Not sure exactly what a long poll is but it has something to do with pools and I think keeps the entire pool "current" for what work it's doing.

  I believe there is a parameter available for cgminer to change the timeframe on the getwork setting.  Looking into that now.  However, I believe there is a better solution as per this conversation from another forum discussing this subject:

http://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?topic=1181.0

"There shouldn't be any need to change the wallet setting or to create your own pushpool. When solo-mining I recommend adding a p2pool with stratum as a backup pool. This way, your miner will be notified of any new blocks very quickly, so you won't still be mining an old block."

If someone could explain what this means exactly and how to accomplish it that would be awesome.



2
Mining & Pools / Solo Mining up and running, block solved, no payout :(
« on: December 02, 2013, 09:30:19 AM »
So I got cgminer up and running from command line and went to bed.  when I woke up I had 1 block solved but no payout.  Wallet was open and is the most recent update.  My wallet says Number of transactions: 1   but there is no payout and no history under the transaction tab.   

3
Mining & Pools / 7970 and 6950 same rig?
« on: December 01, 2013, 07:10:22 PM »
So.. I found a guy who's willing to part with a very lightly used Diamond HD 7970 for $200.   I'm currently running a Sapphire Flex 6950 unlocked to 1536 shaders.  I'm currently getting a stable 450 K/Hash.   So.. a couple of questions.   What kind of hashrate do you guys think I'd get from this particular 7970?   Am I going to have problems trying to run both cards in the same rig at the  the same time?  Thanks.

4
Mining & Pools / HELP Solo Mining for Total Noobs
« on: December 01, 2013, 06:50:24 PM »
I have Scrypt GUIMiner that I've been successfully running in a pool panning for that sweet GLD.   I wanna go out on my own and honestly have no idea how to do it.     I've seen this question asked here several times and no real thorough answer given.   So, for total noob sauce someone please walk me through it.   

Pages: [1]