April 18, 2024, 01:36:12 PM

Author Topic: trouble with wallet transfer (lost gold coins)  (Read 5053 times)

Offline Giga

• View Profile
trouble with wallet transfer (lost gold coins)
« on: November 29, 2013, 12:35:48 PM »
Hi there, i ran into this strange problem and it seems i lost 200Gold coins.

This is what happened:

1. Had 200 gold coins in android wallet, created a "Transfer" to another wallet located in another device (i'm certain the receiving wallet address is 100% correct)
2. Wallet shows 0.0 gold coins
2. Transaction in queue was Greyed out in the transaction queue for about 1-2 hours for some reason
3. at the same time i updated my android device (which originally had my Goldcoins) to android kitkat 4.4 which caused the device to brick (had to wipe it completely to recover it)
4. Goldcoins NEVER received to my other device (3 days gone by)

What do you think happened and is there a way to recover it? I'm afraid i may have lost them forever due to this.

I was under the impression once you click "Send" in your wallet, it goes to the network (which is why your wallet says 0.0 gold)
E1kE JjGD Sgz2 DpSX YCH3 h43M y7y9 mixc YW

Offline gsdffsdfsd

• Gold Panner
    • View Profile
Re: trouble with wallet transfer (lost gold coins)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 12:40:50 PM »
Can you tell us the receiving address?

Offline chokri

• Gold Miner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 12:47:48 PM »
giga relax, your android app is not synced with the network
i have couple k's roaming the ether right now .. it will be fixed once Stouse finishes the patch.
Gld: DyvMSBEMbVtkg4tmoHQavcZ3stW8qqDxJS

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »
It is possible due the network connectivity issues that we have had with the Android Wallet, that they were never sent to the wallet you have on your other device.  If your app wasn't syncing to the network, which is a common problem presently, then the transaction would be grayed out for hours.

Hopefully at some point before you wiped your phone for the KitKat 4.4 you also backed up your keys for your android wallet and archived them to another computer (via email, for instance).

We cannot be sure of what happened until we look at your GoldCoin address on your app and on the other device.  Depending which one contains 200, we can have a better idea of what happened.  If the 200 is still on the android wallet address, then you will need your backed up keys to recover them.
GLD: E1A6WogjpqU3KjjoRUD63f7kofrFozmyfg

Offline Giga

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 04:07:31 PM »
It is possible due the network connectivity issues that we have had with the Android Wallet, that they were never sent to the wallet you have on your other device.  If your app wasn't syncing to the network, which is a common problem presently, then the transaction would be grayed out for hours.

Hopefully at some point before you wiped your phone for the KitKat 4.4 you also backed up your keys for your android wallet and archived them to another computer (via email, for instance).

We cannot be sure of what happened until we look at your GoldCoin address on your app and on the other device.  Depending which one contains 200, we can have a better idea of what happened.  If the 200 is still on the android wallet address, then you will need your backed up keys to recover them.

wow great tech support guys, thanks for the responses! all the more reason i'm bullish on Goldcoin  :)

Regarding the original wallet, unfortunately i didn't create a backup as i just got the wallet. The update bricked my phone (damn google!) so there was no way for me to recover it.

Here are the requested details:

Sending wallet address: Dw9U oM6M 4Qw1 mjtX h1xU KKFi m7LW 5nft Mg

Receiving address wallet is: E1kE JjGD Sgz2 DpSX YCH3 h43M y7y9 mixc YW
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 04:15:51 PM by gigacoin »

Offline Giga

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 04:11:25 PM »
hey guyss, where u able to find a solution for this or should i say goodbye to my coins ? :'(