April 26, 2024, 05:53:59 AM

Author Topic: The future success of the coin  (Read 8548 times)

Offline Samurai

• View Profile
Re: The future success of the coin
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 06:14:27 AM »
Have passed a lot of time but what has changed?
You still do not want to change anything in this coin? such as adding a hybrid system POW + POS and reduce transaction time to 1 minute?
If there is no development is soon to this coin will only the name..

Thank you for commenting. I think a robust community discussion is essential as we grow and evolve the currency.

How exactly will making the changes you propose bring value to the coin? Are you aware that a new client is currently under development?

I do not know what you're designing a new wallet. On your official website is still available for download only the old version wallet 0.7.1.7.
Many coins are going to stay on the market and fight for his title crypto currency have already switched to Bitcoin protocol version 2.0. How you have to do?

If an analysis of the market for the past 8 months, we can see a steady decline in prices goldcoin.

You did not think of how to motivate people to store their coins and not sell them with the constant fall in the price? Currently produced only 34.5 million of the 120 million coins of the total.

The absence of a POS system does not allow large investors to compensate for storage of coins in my wallet. Look at the more successful of the coin. such as Diamond. Due to the hybrid system POS + POW price for this coin remains fairly stable for a long time. You should like to draw attention to it and change the development strategy.

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2015, 09:23:14 AM »
This is a great conversation.

As you might know, Altcoin prices have been down across the board for some time. In December 2013, Litecoin (the current #2 Altcoin) was $40/coin and now it's well below $2.00/coin. The price of bitcoin has also seen some decline.

I think the real value in a coin comes from the network/community. We can continue to put bells and whistles into the client (which Akumaburn is doing now) but we should also work on building a strong community to support the currency.

I think 2015 is going to be a great year for Goldcoin. And having active discussions like these will prove instrumental to that success.
"The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community."

Offline Samurai

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 02:35:13 PM »
So you think that this situation is normal and all the problems connected only with the fall of the price of Bitcoin?

I think that if nothing changes it will be even worse  :-[

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 04:08:58 PM »
So you think that this situation is normal and all the problems connected only with the fall of the price of Bitcoin?

There is a direct correlation between the community's activity level and Cryptsy trade volume. Both of these levels are troublesome and need to be addressed and rectified soon.

I think there are several factors that are causing this lack of interest including: new altcoins flooding the market, delays in client development, regulatory uncertainty, and bitcoin price depression.

Hopefully, the BTC price will recover, and the new client will soon materialize and be of adequate quality to rekindle interest in the coin. If not, we will need to orchestrate a plan B.

In the mean time, I feel that as a community we should rally around our lead developer and express to him our gratitude and support.
"The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community."