February 17, 2019, 05:35:40 pm

Author Topic: NXT Where Are You ?  (Read 2323 times)

Offline Armis

• Prospector
    • View Profile
    • Armis
NXT Where Are You ?
« on: January 29, 2014, 05:31:43 pm »
Wow, I see NXT one one day sitting high on all of the charts, then I see their price drop to the floor, now I don't see them -- what happened.

Did they byte the dust, are they reorganizing, or are my references weak?

www.ArmisGame.com
Where Wisdom Always Wins

Offline MicroGuy

• @realMicroGuy
  • Administrator
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
Re: NXT Where Are You ?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 05:39:58 pm »
Wow, I see NXT one one day sitting high on all of the charts, then I see their price drop to the floor, now I don't see them -- what happened.

Did they byte the dust, are they reorganizing, or are my references weak?

When coinmarketcap has an issue fetching the coin price, it drops the coin to the bottom of the chart until the data becomes available.

It doesn't mean that the price changed or dropped, only that the pricing data is currently unavailable to its system.
"The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community."

Offline Armis

• Prospector
    • View Profile
    • Armis
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 09:41:58 am »
thank you

During that perplexing time, I decided to research NXT in an effort to find out how they could 'disappear' like that, the assumption was that they went out of biz.   

Although I'm glad to know that the coin is still alive, my findings were troubling, so much so that I removed it from my top 20 list.

The experience still intrigued me to want to know how some of the coins went out of biz -- that endeavor isn't at the top of the things to do list though.

thanks again   

www.ArmisGame.com
Where Wisdom Always Wins

Offline MicroGuy

• @realMicroGuy
  • Administrator
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 09:47:10 am »
The experience still intrigued me to want to know how some of the coins went out of biz

I've drawn the conclusion that a coin's value is directly proportional to the quality of the community. Evolve the community and the coin thrives, devolve the community and the coin moves on to that vast crypto heaven in the sky.

Offline Armis

• Prospector
    • View Profile
    • Armis
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 10:50:40 am »
The experience still intrigued me to want to know how some of the coins went out of biz

I've drawn the conclusion that a coin's value is directly proportional to the quality of the community. Evolve the community and the coin thrives, devolve the community and the coin moves on to that vast crypto heaven in the sky.

Bitcoin is only 5, even if it was running in the red for the first 3 years you shouldn't consider letting it go before the 5th year, if it's a good idea.   I tried to find the list of failed coins on wiki and bitcoin talk but didn't find them, found some at bittalk but not the list a saw last week.

Could it have been a 'pump it and dump it' scheme or sort?

btw, if anyone is a wiki content contributor, here are a couple places where GoldCoin content could brighten the page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptocurrency
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_currency
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Cryptocurrencies
www.ArmisGame.com
Where Wisdom Always Wins

Offline MicroGuy

• @realMicroGuy
  • Administrator
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 11:02:59 am »
Bitcoin is only 5, even if it was running in the red for the first 3 years you shouldn't consider letting it go before the 5th year, if it's a good idea.

Pure open-source decentralized currencies generally can't run in the red. It would be next to impossible.

There is nothing magical about the three-year mark or the five-year mark. The reason Bitcoin succeeded was due to the fact that the community never stopped evolving.