April 20, 2024, 07:24:23 AM

Author Topic: Decided to start from square one with GLD...  (Read 3813 times)

Offline ElscottHavoc

• View Profile
Decided to start from square one with GLD...
« on: February 28, 2015, 02:12:40 AM »
Hey all,

I've been out of the crypto currency world for quite a few years, even though I consider myself a pretty active player for at least one summer of my college years, during a time when Bitcoin was just getting started.  I don't exactly remember the date, but it was probably late 2009/early 2010 when Bitcoin came across my radar from some forum I belonged to and I started to wonder what Bitcoin was all about and by that summer I had gotten involved in doing some Bitcoin mining.  Initially, in Bitcoin's infancy, users were practically giving BTC away as a way to jump start popularity and I'm not sure but I vaguely remember there were already faucet sites available that were giving away whole Bitcoins.  I wasn't especially skilled with computers and it was a point in time where there wasn't much in the way of tutorials available, so I remember spending considerable late nights during that summer trying to figure out how to mine the Bitcoins using my laptop.

Unfortunately, despite the effort I put into figuring out how to mine, at some point near, not even that long after I had finally figured out mining, at the end of the summer I just dropped interest, partially due to college.  Bitcoins were still pretty worthless at the time, there wasn't much infrastructure available to exchange them or use them, and so I basically just deleted the wallet from the machine and went on with my life - I'd guess I had maybe 45-50 Bitcoins in my wallet so it certainly wasn't anything substantial at the time. 

And Bitcoins actually remained out of my mind for a fairly considerable time, until sometime in 2013 when I realized that Bitcoin prices were and had been on the rise.  And suddenly, I realized the Bitcoins I had deleted a couple years prior were suddenly worth a pretty sizeable chunk of change and obviously, but 2014 the prices had skyrocketed.

Anyways, I was frustrated and basically just stayed away from crypto currencies altogether...but now for whatever reason, I'm suddenly compelled to come back.  Hopefully, Goldcoin can be the reset switch I need.  I'm currently just cpumining with a mobile phone and cpuminer a whopping 10kH/s (so I have tons of improvement), but I'm hoping to at least jump start a balance even if it costs me some money in the short term as a hobby and then I'm looking into a USB scrypt miner.

Good luck to all and look forward to meeting you all and discussing GLD.
GLD Tip Address:  DvwVGKumuYGV2PCRCeqEcW7TgvWB1EUvQz

Offline dustint

• Gold Miner
    • View Profile
Re: Decided to start from square one with GLD...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 11:34:30 AM »
Welcome, glad to see you found your way to goldcoin.  I sent you 100 coins to help get you started. 

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 12:27:23 PM »
Welcome to Goldcoin! It's great to see all these new faces popping up around here!

Please let me know if you ever need anything at all.  :D
"The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community."

Offline Jybrael

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 07:34:52 AM »
Hey there mate. Welcome to GoldCoin. Lets shoot for the stars with this new cryptocurrency and learn a lot together.

Offline qPad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 04:44:29 AM »
Lets see if we can get this coin up to 1$ pr coin!

That would be awesome!

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 08:44:14 AM »
Lets see if we can get this coin up to 1$ pr coin!

That would be awesome!

I think you've arrived at the right place, at the right time. We're going to give bitcoin a run for the money! :D

.... lots of exciting plans in store for 2015. (:-X)
"The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community."

Offline chrisnoonan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 02:56:37 AM »
Really looking forward to being a part of the GoldCoin community! It's gonna be an exciting year!

Offline kamat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 11:23:08 AM »
Everyone is looking forward to see a stable crypto and why not Goldcoin? :) Hope it should fill the gap

Offline Alagy324

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 03:55:25 AM »
too bad you deleted the 45-50 bitcoins, it would be worth thousands of dollars now (45000-50000 when bitcoin was at 1000)
but didn't know that at the time, many of us have stories like that
GLD:   Dw6FE2byJnytgsWhPpbyrb1HR8eA8J1nbw