April 23, 2024, 02:23:01 PM

Author Topic: Wallet problem.  (Read 5707 times)

Offline Jybrael

• View Profile
Wallet problem.
« on: March 09, 2015, 09:21:16 AM »
I have a problem...I installed GldCoin Client and while it was synching I decided to copy the address from there and post it in my introduction post. I had to do that because of one of the giveaways that was going on...anyways the wallet wasn't synched at that time. Now I kept checking my wallet and it turned out I never really received the GoldCoins that were sent to me...so I checked my wallet key with the one I had on the forum and they were both different...I don't know what happened but I need to somehow recover the wallet....I am stuck here scratching my head and wondering how in the world did the wallet key change so much.

Offline dustint

• Gold Miner
    • View Profile
Re: Wallet problem.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 12:08:24 PM »
The only way private keys change in a wallet is after you encrypt it or after 100 different private keys are used.  Wallets are preloaded with 100 private keys but upon encrypting they reset and make a whole new 100 keys.  You should always make a new backup of your wallet.dat before and after encrypting or after using about 50 different private keys.

send coins and recieve change =  1 private key
create a new address = 1 private key

Did the wallet finish syncing?
Did you encrypt the wallet before it finished syncing?

Offline Jybrael

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 12:24:14 PM »
No I don't remember ever encrypting it...but I did make a backup after I checked my goldcoin wallet...the addresses werent the same...as the one I posted in the forums here...so I made a backup just in case...So uhm how do I get my previous key back? Cause I have 400 gold coins in there..

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 10:21:15 PM »
You might try taking your backed-up wallet.dat file and copying it into your app data roaming folder.

If you like, you can PM a dropbox link to me and I'll check the balance and send any coins to your new address.
"The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community."

Offline Jybrael

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 11:32:31 PM »
I can send you the wallet.dat backup that I made of it but the problem is the backup was made...after the key already changed and I have no idea how in the world the key changed on its own..I remember never backing it up at the time cause it was synching as well as not encrypting it either. I checked monday morning and my key was different and everything.

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 08:48:11 AM »
I can send you the wallet.dat backup that I made of it but the problem is the backup was made...after the key already changed and I have no idea how in the world the key changed on its own..I remember never backing it up at the time cause it was synching as well as not encrypting it either. I checked monday morning and my key was different and everything.

I'm not sure what you mean by "key".

There should be a wallet.dat file associated with the address containing the 400GLD. That's the file you need to find.  :)

Offline Jybrael

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 09:55:49 AM »
ALright alright..I will save it on my dropbox and send you the wallet.dat..I dont know how you will recover it...

Offline Jybrael

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 08:08:42 AM »
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7s4ov1u02zee6y8/RizGold.dat?dl=0    here is the drop box link to my wallet.dat

Offline Jybrael

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 05:02:21 PM »
Uhm been waiting for a while on a reply here guys....can someone help me out please?

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 09:12:14 PM »
Uhm been waiting for a while on a reply here guys....can someone help me out please?

I have installed this wallet and it shows zero transactions.

This must not be the wallet.dat that was deployed at the time of your receiving transactions.