April 26, 2024, 07:27:09 AM

Author Topic: [Budget] Income and Recurring Expenses for GoldCoin  (Read 5885 times)

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
[Budget] Income and Recurring Expenses for GoldCoin
« on: December 10, 2015, 07:08:56 AM »
Please find below the current expenses for the GoldCoin community.

I think if we can find someone to take the fund raising workforce position we can better distribute these expenses across the entire community. People can also help support the currency by purchasing GLD on the open market: https://c-cex.com/?p=gld-btc

Income:

Donations = $0.00/month
Forum ads = $5.00/month
MicroGuy = $650.00/month

Expenses:

Block explorer = $23/month
Managed Wordpress = $19.95/month (gldcoin.com, de.gldcoin.com, cn.gldcoin.com)
Ramnode VPS = $8.95/month (seed node)
Dedicated server = $100/month (trygoldcoin.com, gldtalk.org, seed node)
Open Workforce = $480/month (paid in GLD excluding bonuses)

~ Total = $631.90/month

Note: Dustint paid for the block explorer in 2015 and made a $500 donation in support of new client development.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:07:15 AM by MicroGuy »
"The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community."

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
Re: [Budget] Income and Recurring Expenses for GoldCoin
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 10:05:54 AM »
Okay. By popular demand I'm going to finally start working on the OP of this thread!  :P

~~

Offline cryptosolar

• Legendary
  • - Leading light -
    • View Profile
    • https://www.goldcoin.org/
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 03:38:32 PM »
I ve watched over the costs and i rhink there is definitely the potential to reduce it.

- The Block explorer is not a "must have" we got a free one on coinplorer and another one is also out, then we can also host a block explorer on our own.
- I am not sure what a manged Word press is, need more information about it, for what is it good for ? ( I think we can maybe try to manage it without it ).
- The Open Workforce = I would say there is no need to pay me(Cryptosolar) and Micro Guy, so all over there are 4-6 people who get paid each week. This would be around 200 $(5x10$*4=200$) (without Bonuses).

So if we can manage the server without thats managed Wordpress and do without the (expensive) block explorer and I am work for the sake of humanity then we can easy reduce the costs to:

Block explorer = $23/month
Managed Wordpress = $19.95/month (gldcoin.com, de.gldcoin.com, cn.gldcoin.com)
Ramnode VPS = $8.95/month (seed node)
Dedicated server = $100/month (trygoldcoin.com, gldtalk.org, seed node)  // Specifications would be nice , maybe we can try then to get a cheaper one, host a block explorer also here (developers help would be really nice here )
Open Workforce = $480/month (paid in GLD excluding bonuses)  // if 5 people get paid and half the bonuses.  240 $(5x10$*4=200$ + 40 $ Bonus)

9+100+240 =349$

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 04:05:48 PM »
The managed Wordpress is the hosting for our main website and 2 foreign versions.

The only reliable Block explorer we have at the moment is the one we're using. Plus, if we change explorers, we lose the ability to claim addresses which is an essential staking component of our Workforce strategy.

Let's see if we can get some minimal contributions from the community before we start closing/slashing vital services. I don't mind helping, my primary interest is in educating the community and decentralizing expenses.

Offline cryptosolar

• Legendary
  • - Leading light -
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 11:12:33 PM »
The managed Wordpress is the hosting for our main website and 2 foreign versions.

The only reliable Block explorer we have at the moment is the one we're using. Plus, if we change explorers, we lose the ability to claim addresses which is an essential staking component of our Workforce strategy.

Let's see if we can get some minimal contributions from the community before we start closing/slashing vital services. I don't mind helping, my primary interest is in educating the community and decentralizing expenses.

- When a developer is willing to make a block explorer on the main Server which costs 100 $ then we can request a richlist wich showes signed addresses like on the actual one  :)

then we wont loose an advantage.

Goldcoin Panama Coffee Project

La Gran Montana is acepting Goldcoins

10 KG Coffee = 130 €

1kg send to Micro Guy = 12000 GLD  // arrived

1kg send to SasuBelmont = 800 GLD  +4000(Cryptosolar Donation)  // not arrived // made support ticket....still pending  :'(   
costs = 13€ + (22€ shipping) = 35 €

500g pending to poplol = 555 GLD +2000(Cryptosolar Donation) // pending
costs = 6,5 € +(22 $ shipping) = 28,5 $ // payment pending // 50 % cryptosolar // 50 % Poplol (want to pay in GLD)

Panama Merchant Balance = 12000+4800+2555= 19355 GLD

Example:

1) If we support a shop and sell the Coffee for 12 $ for 500g (include shipping in USA), then we take a little profit for GLD and people can buy it with their Credit card or using paypal, this can also be used to buy GLD on the open Market.

2) People who buy the Coffee support the Volume on the GLD/USD Market and got no problems with using cryptocurrency they just buy it with their paypal or Credit Card.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:16:04 PM by cryptosolar »

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 11:22:18 PM »
We'll know when we're making progress the day a thread like this can be created and more than one community member replies!  :)

~~

"Cryptocurrency is not a spectator sport." ~ MicroGuy  8)

Offline cryptosolar

• Legendary
  • - Leading light -
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 07:43:33 AM »
Goldcoin Panama Coffee Project

La Gran Montana is acepting Goldcoins

10 KG Coffee = 130 €

1kg send to Micro Guy = 12000 GLD  // arrived

1kg send to SasuBelmont = 800 GLD  +4000(Cryptosolar Donation)  // not arrived // made support ticket....still pending     
costs = 13€ + (22€ shipping) = 35 €

500g pending to poplol = 555 GLD +2000(Cryptosolar Donation) // pending
costs = 6,5 € +(22 $ shipping) = 28,5 $ // payment pending // 50 % cryptosolar // 50 % Poplol (want to pay in GLD)

Panama Merchant Balance = 12000+4800+2555= 19355 GLD

How much coffee is left after we send a package to poplol ?

- I will pay the coffee in the next 2-4 weeks.

- After we send this to poplol i would recommend here to stop with this due to a lag of interest and to focus on the primary goals. It is much work to make auctions and promote them and manage the shipping and payment for this.

THX

Offline cryptosolar

• Legendary
  • - Leading light -
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 05:05:26 PM »
Coffee Merchant Panama:

19355 +13500 = 32855 GLD

Coffee is sold and payed now.
Panama Coffee Merchant Address:
EArxnq9ufwybrsaTyAUjM9EqmCy4A5dRuX

Offline cryptosolar

• Legendary
  • - Leading light -
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 11:58:51 PM »
In the last week i ve saw a amazon partner program where it is possible to make a bit money out of it i guess :)

I ve checked out the Amazon partner program and there are several ways to get a bit money out of Amazon :)

- So i am not talking about to guide traffic to amazon and spam our users with advertising, there should be an option where you create a button and click on it before you buy something on Amazon and support goldcoin with a single click :) .

- you can link to several products on Amazon , i guess the book could be a good product here :)

- So i am not sure if the Goldcoin Community is using Amazon that much but at least we can make a few bucks out of this and everybody can do this.

Would love to get some feedback from the community here
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:21:38 AM by cryptosolar »

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 01:46:54 AM »
In the last week i ve saw a amazon partner program where it is possible to make a bit money out of it i guess :)

I ve checked out the Amazon partner program and there are several ways to get a bit money out of Amazon :)

- So i am not talking about to guide traffic to amazon and spam our users with advertising, there should be an option where you create a button and click on it before you buy something on Amazon and support goldcoin with a single click :) .

- you can link to several products on Amazon , i guess the book could be a good product here :)

- So i am not sure if the Goldcoin Community is using Amazon that much but at least we can make a few bucks out of this and everybody can do this.

Would love to get some feedback from the community here

This is a good idea.  I think I have seen some non-profit organizations earn some money this way.

Besides the GoldCoin books, there should be other items to buy such as floppy disks, eight track tapes and vinyl records of Pink Floyd.  Seriously, however, other items could be sold that are useful to GoldCoin users.

How this all works, I have no idea, but I agree with this idea.
GLD: E1A6WogjpqU3KjjoRUD63f7kofrFozmyfg

Offline cryptosolar

• Legendary
  • - Leading light -
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 05:15:21 AM »
THX U Stouse49 for your nice reply :)

For me it was not sure how the community will react to this, but with your help i can see it clearly now :)
(by the way i like the idea of acting like a non profit organization)

- it is not a difficult task to realize it i guess :)

- I guess we will talk about this next Sunday and then do it, just want to get another feedback from Microguy and Akumaburn.

- want to provide a share with the Book :)