July 11, 2020, 04:50:53 PM

Author Topic: Just Thoughts  (Read 1210 times)

Offline tadspoles

• Legendary
    • View Profile
Just Thoughts
« on: July 18, 2016, 10:02:51 PM »
I wish there were a random  section here of some type.  I never know where to post just random thoughts and I don't want MicroDaddy to spank me.  :)

Anyhow, I always thought Bitcoin missed a big opportunity with colored coins and small towns.  I've seen several towns implement their own money to try to keep spending local.  It would be pretty cool if we could do that with GoldCoin.  I'm not sure how tough that would be but just a thought

Also, those thin clients are so very important.  Good work on that guys. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 10:06:33 PM by tadspoles »

Offline cryptosolar

• DreamTeam
  • - Leading light -
    • View Profile
    • https://www.goldcoin.org/
Re: Just Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 07:17:23 PM »
I wish there were a random  section here of some type.  I never know where to post just random thoughts and I don't want MicroDaddy to spank me.  :)

we ve used the brainstorming thread in the past, i guess it is a bit of a random feeling in it :) but just thoughts is also good :)
https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=3428.0

Anyhow, I always thought Bitcoin missed a big opportunity with colored coins and small towns.  I've seen several towns implement their own money to try to keep spending local.  It would be pretty cool if we could do that with GoldCoin.  I'm not sure how tough that would be but just a thought

In Germany they tried to start a few projects with regional money , but most of them didnt survived due to a lag of interest.  A few of them had this idea to solve this problem like freicoin ( you are loosing money if you dont use it, like the opposite of Proof of stake). 

Keep people interested in simply using it:
so people have to do things mainly regionally which is a good idea, also if you look at the ecological and social aspects.

example: you fix the neighbors Computer and you get payed in regional money and a week later you buy tomato's from another neighbor.

problem: it is not possible to grow coffee in your region , so the coffee must be imported and paid with a different currency.

exception: the coffee importer accepts the regional currency because he spend his holiday in your region and then he can spend the regional money during this time.

other: 1) stop drinking coffee which is not acceptable in my eyes. 2) still have a second currency which is globally accepted.

I would love to see useful local informations in a regional blockchain which is also globally accepted as money .
like opening times from regional shops, cheap local offers or just the amount of trees and water around you, people would more recognize the area around them.
then you have the money to pay or donate for things and the information -  where, when, what, who and why , and all is saved in one decentralized blockchain.

- Or just start with dead drops and geocaching like Goldcoin will be everywhere (cant stop this) , i guess it is also a part of decentralization.

just thoughts :)  :thumbsup:

GLD - The Gold Standard of Digital Currency - (Goldcoin.org)
#Community First  (gldcoin.in) Goldcoin India Project -
www.goldcoinpool.com / 1% fee // GLD E9gjbbzCMErqQ4cKGGEzaPNJBSszChhGyX

Offline Aurophilicity

• Gold Miner
  • Metallophilic Interaction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 01:02:34 AM »
A little history:

In Germany, every principality used to have their own currency. However, there were also customs unions. In the renaissance, e.g., Hamburg had a customs union with the little East Frisian harbour town of Esens because of the importance for the shipping-industry. The local currencies were directly convertible.

In the 19th century, Germans still had regional currencies. With the Kaiserreich in 1871 came a national currency.

After WW I, communities printed emergency money for inflationary problems. After WW II, they issued foodstamps which were traded, though you weren't supposed to do that. Cigarettes became an inofficial currency.

Nothing new under the sun. 8)
Observations and theory show that, on average, 28% of the binding-energy in aurophilic interaction can be attributed to relativistic expansion of the gold d-orbitals.   GLD E5CUw66jvPSGirggrek8vagARNM2ZQErEN

Offline tadspoles

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 04:59:25 AM »
What do you guys think of Lightning, microtransactions and the block size debate?  I think a simple willingness to move forward is going to set a lot of coins apart.  20 cent transactions are absurd now with bitcoin in my opinion.  You can't grow a ton like that. 

Thanks for all the thoughts on colored coins.  This is such an awesome community. 

Offline Aurophilicity

• Gold Miner
  • Metallophilic Interaction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 07:17:48 AM »
... and you can always learn something you would never have asked. ;)

'Willingness to move forward' is something lacking in many crypto-coin communities, esp. BTC.
If you just debate and never change anything, you'll never know about the possible outcome.
I thought my days as a solo-miner were over after the hardfork on 14 February -
only to find out it became even more profitable in April and May.

BTW, recently traded my solo-mined Bitmarks when the bubble popped for ... you guessed what! :rofl:
Observations and theory show that, on average, 28% of the binding-energy in aurophilic interaction can be attributed to relativistic expansion of the gold d-orbitals.   GLD E5CUw66jvPSGirggrek8vagARNM2ZQErEN