March 28, 2024, 04:46:50 PM

Poll

Pick the Two Winners of the Dogecoin Keepsake Wallets (Pick 2)

Calvinweight
2 (14.3%)
Peoplma
0 (0%)
Kelsey
3 (21.4%)
Stouse49
4 (28.6%)
Doge_Man
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: April 29, 2017, 08:34:13 AM

Author Topic: [POLL] Cryptsy Dogecoin Keepsake Wallets  (Read 10375 times)

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
[POLL] Cryptsy Dogecoin Keepsake Wallets
« on: April 18, 2017, 03:12:53 PM »
Would you like a keepsake from the legendary Cryptsy disaster? A collectible to show the grandchildren in 20 years? :D

On the flashdrive we received from the receiver were 2 Dogecoin wallets of enormous size. Both wallets are over 3 GB in file size! These wallets have remained uninspected and unsynced since their arrival. I don't imagine these wallets contain any coins.

They were almost certainly emptied either before or after the receiver took control. But we don't have the time currently to check. Because of their size, these wallets will be unusable under Windows QT. Most likely the new owners will need to use Linux daemons to view their contents.

I searched for a contest plugin for SMF but didn't find anything appealing. So in a few words below, simply explain why you would like one of these 2 wallets.

Then on April 23rd, I'll close submissions and make a poll so the community can pick the 2 winners. The wallet.dat files will be delivered via password-protected Dropbox links.
"The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community."

Offline calvinweight

• View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] Cryptsy Dogecoin Keepsake Wallets
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 05:18:19 PM »
Hi Micro,

Simply put, over time these wallets should contain some value. I have the means to create a DOGE wallet in Linux and the space to hold the wallets indefinitely. If any coins move to these wallets and are not periodically checked, whatever coins were moved would be lost to the economy. Since these were heavily used they should at the very least remain maintained by a responsible person or coins could be lost forever. I would be very happy to have one or both!

Thank you!
Calvin

Offline peoplma

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 07:43:08 PM »
That's pretty interesting.  I bet the wallets do contain coins.  Most likely some unclaimed CLAM coins as well, depending on how many active addresses there were on the checkpoint day in May 2014.  Some people might have fire and forget miners that they had pointed at their Cryptsy account deposit address, or other automated services that continued to run.  I was linked here from /r/dogecoin where I am a moderator (/u/peoplma), I'll do my best to distribute anything that's left back to the community as I had no personal losses in Cryptsy.

Offline kelsey

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 12:32:27 AM »
i'm very confident they are empty,  they are so large as not to be the offline wallets, ie so large because so many inputs and output to cryptsy hot wallets. funds where transferred to one wallet then dumped on the exchanges along with other major coins (btc/ltc etc).

other assorted coins still had coins as they only mainly dumped the ones with enough liquidity.

in the days/weeks/months before cryptsy left town i was warning everyone about the bitcoin as i traced their wallets to being dumped. mods banned me for doing so.

i was told by horus for example when i asked for where the funds went, "thats private information" i explained how that was not the case as bitcoin is an open ledge (i was merely asking for information that i already new to see where mods stood). horus since has apologised to me openly saying i was right all the time and that he was just in denial.

funnily when you warn people months before, yet few listen and you even become the enemy :(

so why do i want empty doge wallet?  i want them to confirm what many of us already know however they are simply another piece in the jigsaw.
E6CEWuar3uK5DM14A3jAXwP5uCbPZQgAqz

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 12:38:47 AM »
This 3GB wallet sounds like a challenge.  Reasons why I should win:
1.  I cracked the MaxCoin wallet of 4.3 GB which had a sum total in coins with the equivalent value of 0.96 USD.
2.  I took the Nyancoin wallet of much smaller size, but restored all the coins to a Nyancoin Community Leader, instead of crashing their market on Cryptopia.
GLD: E1A6WogjpqU3KjjoRUD63f7kofrFozmyfg

Offline Doge_Man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 06:46:01 PM »
If there ara some coins on the wallets I will try to restore them. Also i will give it for all victims of Cryptsy if they can prove their accounts of Doge Coin. Finally I want to say that i have losted a lot of Doge Coin on Cryptsy...

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
Re: [POLL] Cryptsy Dogecoin Keepsake Wallets
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 01:55:32 AM »
Wallet request submissions are now closed.

I'll get the poll started the first thing in the morning!  :)

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 11:46:17 AM »
Congratulations to our contest winners Stouse49 and Doge_Man.  :toast:

I'll be creating password-protected Dropbox links and sending them via PM within the hour.  8)

Offline kelsey

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 12:25:54 PM »
yes a newbie with 2 posts (Doge_Man) simply asking for doge wallet wins  ::) i thought only geniune devs or geniune goldcoin community members where eligible?

(not bad sportpersonship, as stated in pm any wallets i check i happily donate to goldcoin fund, tis what i feel should have been done with any coins geniune devs can't be found for, also the dogecoin wallets are very likely empty and of no use to people just wanting coins).

i personally still would like the wallets after people have used them as mentioned for the original reason i was claiming them. if you find coins you can move them before i get the wallets.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 12:42:04 PM by kelsey »
E6CEWuar3uK5DM14A3jAXwP5uCbPZQgAqz

Offline tadspoles

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 01:55:20 PM »
Just a thought but it might be interesting to have regular drawings and prizes of GoldCoin to new and active community members if we still have any community GoldCoin flows.  Just an idea.   Since it'd be a giveaway, it could be posted on social networks along with explaining what GoldCoin is and how to get involved. 

Anyhow, this has been kind of exciting.   

Offline Aurophilicity

• Gold Miner
  • Metallophilic Interaction
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 04:19:58 PM »
Yes, we have a community.  :D

People from California, South Carolina, Germany, France, UK, India...
one from Saudi Arabia, one from Zimbabwe at least...
Observations and theory show that, on average, 28% of the binding-energy in aurophilic interaction can be attributed to relativistic expansion of the gold d-orbitals.   GLD E5CUw66jvPSGirggrek8vagARNM2ZQErEN

Offline tadspoles

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2017, 06:44:28 PM »
Get involved with Cryptocurrency!  Learn how it works.  Special drawing of 100 GoldCoins.  Register at gldtalk.org to get your free chance at winning.  Drawing occurs at midnight on Saturday.  Have fun, learn how cryto works and get a shot at winning 100 GoldCoins for free!  Tell em' Grumpy Old Man Tad sent you.

That kind of thing.

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 12:06:08 AM »
Get involved with Cryptocurrency!  Learn how it works.  Special drawing of 100 GoldCoins.  Register at gldtalk.org to get your free chance at winning.  Drawing occurs at midnight on Saturday.  Have fun, learn how cryto works and get a shot at winning 100 GoldCoins for free!  Tell em' Grumpy Old Man Tad sent you.

That kind of thing.

This is a Great idea! I'll get this drawing started tomorrow after our team meeting.  :D

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 03:34:20 AM »
Thanks.  I will report the results of my findings in the wallet for balance, distrubution and kelsey can have the wallet after I am done with any reports I can generate using 'listtransactions', etc.

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2017, 11:39:07 PM »
The Balance in my Dogecoin Wallet was 399673.58341401

Balance after transferring to a single address:  399558.58341401

Trying to find someone to distribute to the dogecoin community:
https://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/68rjlb/cryptsy_wallet_recovered_399000_doge/
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 02:48:07 AM by Stouse49 »