April 18, 2024, 07:24:01 AM

Author Topic: Mining with a 1070 and windows 10 - Looking for help  (Read 5378 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Mining with a 1070 and windows 10 - Looking for help
« on: June 22, 2017, 12:43:54 PM »
I want to mine goldcoin with my GPU while its not in use. I was testing with ether mining and was able to hit 22-28MH/s so I want to mine something a little newer. I have the following downloaded and installed but I am having difficulty getting the mining software to work for me:

Goldcoin Wallet
cgminer
bfgminer

I want to know how to sign up (if needed) for a pool and how to mine - solo or pooled but all of the guides are years old. Can someone provide me with a quick walkthrough of how to start mining quickly? Thank you!

Offline cryptosolar

• Legendary
  • - Leading light -
    • View Profile
    • https://www.goldcoin.org/
Re: Mining with a 1070 and windows 10 - Looking for help
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 02:51:30 PM »
Welcome Eric to the Golden Community  :wave:

1) Dont use the GLD wallet for mining.
2) Solo mining with a GPU will not make you happy i guess (You need more hashing power for this).
3) Go for pool mining, there are a ton of Tutorials on the internet for this (ask Google).
4) Dont mine ether.  :shock:

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 09:09:56 PM »
Thank you cryptosolar!

So the issue I have run into is finding a pool and signing up even with my somewhat decent google skills due to the fact that everything on mining was last updated like 2-4 years ago. Do you have a recommendation or a link or two I can look into myself?

Offline Zodamacoomza

• View Profile
    • sbo
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 11:54:52 PM »
watereverything on mining was last updated like 2-4 years ago. Do you have a recommendation or a link or two I can look into myself?