April 20, 2024, 04:15:03 AM

Author Topic: Goldcoin Client Syncing Problems  (Read 34242 times)

Offline tadspoles

• Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: Goldcoin Client Syncing Problems
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2013, 03:03:03 PM »
Thanks for the verification AZIZ.

Now maybe we can get a good ol' Bitcoin Ranger video with high vibration.  Maybe he can go deeper in that zone of positivity and chug down at least a quarter of one of those beers.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 03:10:16 PM by tadspoles »

Offline AZIZ1977

• Gold Miner
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2013, 03:04:24 PM »
Thanks for the verification AZIZ.

I need to thank you and others for helping me.
GLD: DvCsNBJowwzManPa6YSMsNFanFXMxqgFuk
BTC: 16F9CkTbDAAa76EzpqhEhQsRP93Gn49GpW

Offline twobits

• Gold Panner
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2013, 05:55:35 PM »

Only "connect" does this - not "addnode".    With addnode, if a node goes down, another available node is used that's not trusted.  No one runs the wallet with the firewall open so they have 100 connections - most people only use a max of 6 - 12 connections to peers.

While Addnode does not restrict the connection directly,  if all the nodes are up, and you addnode exactly the same number of nodes as you set maxconnections as all the sample config files I was commenting on did, then it does.  You could also get much of the same effect with a better dns seeding routine, and changing the logic to use dns seeds for more then just the bootstrap (this is an example of another way to fix it, not what should be done).

Once could easily change the max connections to say 12, and have a 75% change of getting a misbehaving node.
Except that was not what was being shown.

The fix is a larger network.  Its impossible for misbehaving nodes to be eliminated.  You do understand that right?

Sure, though the block chain itself should be ok also long as your are not being 51%ed.   

This is why it hasn't been fixed in Bitcoin, Litecoin, Novacoin, and the list goes on.  the only fix is no wannabe hax0rs trying to force a false blockchain down the network's throat.

That is not what is happening though.     I never followed NVC, but the same issue has not been present for BTC and LTC so far.   I am wondering if it will hit LTC due in reverse when coins like GLD outgrow it block number wise.  I am thinking probably not due to the less difficulty, but one of these days I need to reread that part of the code to see. 

Who are you by the way?  which btcointalk troll?  Why not use your real name?

This does not seem to be a real name forum.  Who on here is using their real name?  Have not seen many that are.

Offline twobits

• Gold Panner
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2013, 05:59:26 PM »

Trust me, its still p2p.  the network is way too small to function without trusted nodes.

He claims it can be fixed - but it can't.  Trust me, if it could, coblee would have done so in Litecoin - same with BTC - and this is Litecoin - with slight modifications to the reward and difficulty systems.

It can be fixed.   It is not a problem in Litecoin.  It is a problem with gldcoin, because of exactly what you just said!  The problem is that the real fix would be a forking change.

Offline Sting17

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2013, 07:50:16 PM »
Removing everything from your GLDcoin.conf file and leaving only the bantime and addnodes doesnt work if you solo mine, so this isnt a great solution IMO.

Is there another method for solo miners to have their wallets maintain sync?

Offline tadspoles

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2013, 07:57:27 PM »
I would think it would work for solo miners if you just put in the rpcuser password and ports stuff.  Try it and see what happens.  Let us know.

Offline Sting17

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2013, 08:33:43 PM »
I would think it would work for solo miners if you just put in the rpcuser password and ports stuff.  Try it and see what happens.  Let us know.

Will do this within the next few hours and test. Will report back

Offline Sting17

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2013, 12:44:21 AM »
I'm sure GoldCoin will need more development in the future so I welcome anyone to work with Hyoshi in the private section of this forum on that.  I am willing to put up a considerable amount of gld for that and I'm sure others are as well.

Behavior such as attacking a current dev here doesn't seem like something a real dev interested in the success of goldcoin would do and is counterproductive to the very success of this coin.  Hence, it appears to me that it is FUD.

This is being addressed currently tadspoles. If we can all refrain from arguing that would be great :) We all want what is best for the coin and as such conversations like this are important however when they get into a slanging match they are not. Please let me be known that things behind the scenes are being done.

Offline tadspoles

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2013, 12:49:33 AM »
Thank you sir.  I agree.  Sorry. 

Offline hyoshi

• Gold Panner
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2013, 01:46:54 PM »
Submit code or a formula else FUD.

Still wrong.

Can you read code then?   Go take a look at the code.  Do a diff against litecoin.  Now see what the block data shows when it will not sync.  Now read the code where that block count comes from.  You will see it.  If you can't read the code,  then stop calling for it.
When it won't sync, the block count comes from the node/peer with the larger chain.  The count is not the same always,  but its a handful of nodes.  Not sure what your insinuating, but its not the LTC network trying to sync with GLD because he used the same pefix numbers and/or public/private signing keypair.  the other networks connect via defined ports, which do not overlap with these.

I can and have easily replicated with with Litecoin itself - forcing my client to connect to my self mined blockchain causes the very same issue. 

Again, you come here, talking non-sensical things, but don't reveal your big secret on how to fix it just shows 1) your here just to troll/spy, and have no interest in the coin 2) you have nothing

You are in fact a person from bitcointalk, and I will let you reveal your more commonly used name on that forum (you have several) to the masses.  Its obvious because you said the very same thing in the GLD or Nibble threads last month.  Pretty much to the letter.
GLD: Dz5fZfBDGHxqaNGD9cNjQcYqATTtMsdowc

Offline tadspoles

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2013, 01:58:51 PM »
Also, please all devs put up a GLDcoin address so I can send you some damn money.  :P

Offline tadspoles

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2013, 04:04:34 PM »
I've deleted all my posts on this thread that were counterproductive.  My evil twin brother gained access to my account and made me look bad.  Argghh...I hate that guy!  :P

Offline AZIZ1977

• Gold Miner
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2013, 05:14:42 PM »
I've deleted all my posts on this thread that were counterproductive.  My evil twin brother gained access to my account and made me look bad.  Argghh...I hate that guy!  :P

lol
GLD: DvCsNBJowwzManPa6YSMsNFanFXMxqgFuk
BTC: 16F9CkTbDAAa76EzpqhEhQsRP93Gn49GpW