April 26, 2024, 12:13:02 PM

Author Topic: [Official] Daily(almost) Update Thread  (Read 58533 times)

Offline akumaburn

• Lead Developer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
Re: [Official] Daily(almost) Update Thread
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2016, 10:28:36 PM »
Today's Updates(check post date):

I realize I haven't given you guys much to go on. So here is an explanation of my current situation.

I'm in financial trouble IRL(not life ending but something serious enough to take up my time), I've been mainly doing contract work, but that work has taken up for more of my time than I had planned.

I will pop-in here and there to help with things and attend meetings.

Being able to predict my hours is important because the new client is too complex to code piecemeal.
Thanks for your understanding,

Regards,

Amir aka Akumaburn
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 12:22:00 AM by akumaburn »
Want to donate to the Development Team?

GLD:
DztaVPtUd2M5TwfifBUaq5bLrAscYeMbyd

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
Re: [Official] Daily(almost) Update Thread
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2018, 03:08:07 AM »
Today's Updates(check post date):
  • Finishing up test case code.
  • Generated randoms have lower bound bias. Fixing..
  • Fixed issue. Was a problem with random value being rounded up which was causing the most probable scenario, id=0 for the probability set not being chosen.
  • Finding optimal adjustment values..

As you can see below the goal is a curve that can drop quickly but rises slowly.. (see the behavior of the blue line). The gold line is ideal and green is what we currently have. Our current difficulty algorithm is actually on the spot but this is only for case like this where hashpower rises steadily. I'll do some tests with some fringe cases (like the one our network is currently experiencing).

• Signing off.. 8:18PM doing fringe test cases tomorrow/also need to check for timing attack parameters

In your simulation, what was the average block time after the GoldenRiver code stabilized?
GLD: E1A6WogjpqU3KjjoRUD63f7kofrFozmyfg