April 26, 2024, 12:08:54 AM

Author Topic: GLDCoin: How to mine with CGMiner.  (Read 16450 times)

Offline Dayne

• Gold Panner
  • Cryptocurrency Evangelist
    • View Profile
GLDCoin: How to mine with CGMiner.
« on: June 12, 2013, 03:51:37 PM »
CGMiner Setup
1. Download CGMiner. (Latest Stable Release [Windows] [Linux])
2. Extract the zip folder.
3. Create a shortcut to cgminer.exe, edit the properties of the shortcut and append the following the end of the target:
Code: [Select]
--scrypt -o [poolurl]:[port] -u [username].[workername] -p [password]
Example:
--scrypt -o stratum+tcp://gld.cryptocoinmine.com:6060 -u Dayne.1 -p x
Useful parameters to set are:
--shaders~Set to your gpus amount of shaders, google "your gpu name shaders".
--thread-concurrency~Better version of --shaders, should be a multiple of your gpus shader count you do not understand graphics card architectures you can just set --shaders and cgminer will attempt to set this as high as it can.
-w~Work size, will have little effect on hash rate, try 64-256 in multiple of 64, no higher than 256.
-I~Intensity, I find about 12 works best for me but if you want to use your computer at the same time you will want <10.

Example Setup for nVidia GeForce GT 630M:
--scrypt -o stratum+tcp://gld.cryptocoinmine.com:6060 -u Dayne.1 -p x --thread-concurrency 6144 -g 1 -w 128 -I 12
Refer to the official CGMiner SCRYPT Readme for more information.

-

I will update this guide with registering on a pool and make it more noob friendly in the near future.

If this guide helped you, please applaud me. :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 07:04:35 PM by Dayne »

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
Re: GLDCoin: How to mine with CGMiner.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 11:19:41 PM »
I am glad this topic was started.  I would like to see more information about using cgminer.

For instance this is my configuration using a 7870 (which has a hashrate of 345 Kh/s):

cgminer --scrypt -o http://next.afraid.org:8117 -u addr -p x -I 12 -g 2 --thread-concurrency 8000 -w 256 --gpu-engine 1075 --gpu-memclock 1500 --lookup-gap 2 --queue 0 -s 1
There is about a 3% of shares rejected after 1/2 day of mining.  Is there a reason why so many shares are being rejected?

Shares are rejected when this message comes up:  "Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart"
GLD: E1A6WogjpqU3KjjoRUD63f7kofrFozmyfg

Offline Dayne

• Gold Panner
  • Cryptocurrency Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 07:16:17 AM »
I am glad this topic was started.  I would like to see more information about using cgminer.
Definitely the best miner, imo.

For instance this is my configuration using a 7870 (which has a hashrate of 345 Kh/s):
cgminer --scrypt -o http://next.afraid.org:8117 -u addr -p x -I 12 -g 2 --thread-concurrency 8000 -w 256 --gpu-engine 1075 --gpu-memclock 1500 --lookup-gap 2 --queue 0 -s 1
There is about a 3% of shares rejected after 1/2 day of mining.  Is there a reason why so many shares are being rejected?

You should have thread concurrency set to a multiple of 64 that is related to your shader count on your GPU. So yours should be 5120, or 6400, (if 8000 performs better, of course use that).

I don't know why so many shares are getting rejected. I can't help you there. :s

Shares are rejected when this message comes up:  "Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart"

Programmers start counting from 0. That is just saying you requested work from the "first" pool in your priority list.

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 10:59:05 AM »
Thanks for the help.  I found that 3% were rejected when mining on next.afraid.org, but when I changed to another pool, the rejects went down to zero.  For thread concurrency, I found that 8000 works better than 8192.  5120 gives HW errors.  I still need to experiment to find the best thread concurrency though.

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 11:03:34 PM »
<program source>:678:10: error: no matching function for call to 'rotate'

This error is possibly due to a nVidia graphics card, which does not support the "rotate" instruction that AMD cards have (from what I have heard).

Try using the Cuda Miner, which is made for nVidia graphics cards.  It also runs faster than cgminer for those cards.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.0