April 20, 2024, 04:00:44 AM

Author Topic: Forum Golden Rules and Guidelines  (Read 8361 times)

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
Forum Golden Rules and Guidelines
« on: June 14, 2013, 09:12:59 AM »
The following policies are all based on a very simple concept, "If it's good for Goldcoin it's allowed, and if it's not good for Goldcoin, it's not allowed".

Forum Rules:

1. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

2. The use of vulgar or profane language will result in an automatic 30-day suspension.

3. Be respectful to staff members, moderators, and developers.

4. Counterproductive and/or unintelligible comments will be subject to moderation.

That's all for now. Enjoy the forum!  :D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 06:30:33 PM by MicroGuy »
"The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community."

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
Re: Forum Golden Rules and Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 05:01:04 PM »
The forum is rapidly growing and we're all very excited to see this increase in posting activity as it's indicative of an increased interest in Goldcoin.

As we grow, I'm constantly trying to improve in areas such as post moderation, category organization, and disciplinary fairness.  If you ever notice posts being edited, moved, or removed, or boards being added, renamed, or deleted, rest assured it's only done after careful consideration.

My greatest challenge at the moment is coming up with a sensible and logical board category structure. Currently there is some confusion on my part as to "which posts should go where".

Over the coming weeks I'll be looking at ways to better categorize discussions and eliminate this ambiguity.

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 08:25:56 AM »
Notes on moderation

I'd like to begin by saying that this is a pro goldcoin forum. So basically, anything that is beneficial and helpful to the growth and betterment of Goldcoin is not only allowed and encouraged, it's essential to the development of the currency.

However, there is a tendency for longtime users of BCT and others to arrive here and mistakenly take this as a no-holds-barred free speech type platform. And then there are the trolls that arrive on TOR networks playing various games intent on distraction, disruption, and inciting drama.

If I do my job correctly, most of these problems are handled quickly and pass by unnoticed by the general community. Before banning a user I take into consideration his age, network of origin, and history. However post moderation and disciplinary actions are not exact sciences and occasionally a community member can fall victim to collateral damage.

If you feel you were unfairly blocked or banned please send an email to [email protected]

Offline CryptoFreedom4Me

• Gold Miner
    • View Profile
    • GoldCoin-gld.com "peer-to-peer digital currency"
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 08:32:20 AM »
1 +    :)
“The desire of goldcoin is not for gold. It is for the means of freedom and benefit.” 
Wallet GLD:  DwZmKn6cAxTTMbswtx59zqf5dSHQtAg2YL
Cryptsy Referral Link https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=36360