September 29, 2026, 08:47:49 AM

Author Topic: Hi and Thanks - Wallet mining typical process and what to expect?  (Read 5774 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline MrMPH

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hi and thanks for your help. It seems like this is a friendly and helpful forum, even for a person who is new/first time to all of this mining stuff.

I would like to know the typical process of the GoldCoin wallet mining and what to expect please.

Here is what the wallet says
I selected solo mining.
Solo mining started.
It has run for about 20 hours.
It says I have 16 active connections to ColdCoin network.
It says I am up to date - 117766 blocks of transaction history - difficulty 1.63144.
It says 3452 hashes per second.

There has been no other action in transaction history or on my overview.
I have not earned any coins.

Questions.....
Do I need to connect a different way?
Do coins show up in the transaction history or on my overview page?
When do they show up?
Am I missing something to do?
If I stop and start do I lose all the work I have done?
Any other points?

Thank you very much in advance for all the replies and knowledge shared.



Offline superbleester

  • Prospector
  • ***
  • Posts: 93
  • Karma: +4/-0
  • Just a fellow miner.
    • View Profile
Re: Hi and Thanks - Wallet mining typical process and what to expect?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 02:46:38 PM »
Wallet mining usually is very slow due to it CPU mining. I would reccomend GUI-Miner Scrypt for AMD cards and Cuda-Miner for Nvidia cards.
Feel free to donate if I helped! Happy mining!
GLD: EASWLRpwLMWJQhE8cdjuNmtPtAFK171QNJ

Offline gsdffsdfsd

  • Gold Panner
  • **
  • Posts: 36
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Hi and Thanks - Wallet mining typical process and what to expect?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 02:49:54 PM »
I recommend you use a pool mining. You will receive GoldCoins when you will succesfully solve a scrypt algorithm and the result will fit the specified difficulty. Since you haven't received any paymentand you only have 3kh/s we can assume you just didn't solve anything yet. So join a pool were you get proportional earning to your work. For example: http://gld.cryptcoins.net

Offline kekio84

  • Gold Panner
  • **
  • Posts: 32
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Hi and Thanks - Wallet mining typical process and what to expect?
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 07:47:01 AM »
Could someone help me set this Guiminer scrypt? Worker name: kekio84.1 password x
pool: http://gld.cryptcoins.net
GPU: AMD Radeon HD5450

I can't make it work. :( Actualy i can't make work any miner program.
GLD: E1ujuYvJFwBPbdPVvqQ7nvrK6UzCyGiUnF

Offline ipaint

  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 524
  • Karma: +22/-0
  • Artist View
    • View Profile
    • Abstract Artist
Re: Hi and Thanks - Wallet mining typical process and what to expect?
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 08:07:57 AM »
MrMPH,
If your only using CPU's please read this How-To I made for mining with CPU's.
https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=361.0

ipaint
Artist, Writer, Producer, Voice-overs,  DJ,
View my art work on AbstractArtist.xyz
GLD: DtJthUQungFQZ65c9j7PcmjSyTfWKRq3LL