August 19, 2019, 12:22:39 am

Author Topic: Centralized Vs Decentralized Currencies  (Read 5676 times)

Offline crazypumpkinn

• View Profile
Re: XNF-NoFiatCoin- A digital currency backed by bullion
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2014, 09:42:26 am »
My personal guess is by the end of the year, bitcoin will be around 5k a piece.

Wow  :)

It took bitcoin more than 4 years to reach $1k  Wondering what will pump bitcoin to 5K from $500 in a year.

Offline tadspoles

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 02:50:51 pm »
It's just a guess.  Here's what I think will happen though.  We've got this round of bad news now that will pass.  More folks will jump aboard as they realize bitcoin is still here.  Hopefully we'll get some good news with a real American exchange this year and just general stability with bitcoin and instability with some foreign currencies.

Going from 1 dollar to 1000 dollars is a 1000 fold increase.  Going from 500 to 5000 is only a 10 fold increase.   

Offline crazypumpkinn

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2014, 07:08:37 am »
It's just a guess.  Here's what I think will happen though.  We've got this round of bad news now that will pass.  More folks will jump aboard as they realize bitcoin is still here.  Hopefully we'll get some good news with a real American exchange this year and just general stability with bitcoin and instability with some foreign currencies.

Going from 1 dollar to 1000 dollars is a 1000 fold increase.  Going from 500 to 5000 is only a 10 fold increase.

Certainly there would be good news coming in few weeks/ months which will push Bitcoin's price higher but I think 5K would still be a bit difficult. I will be happy to see its price about 1.5K or 2K. It should grow slow and steady.

By the way the performance of XNF is also not that bad from 0-over $5 in a month :-)