April 20, 2024, 05:07:44 AM

Author Topic: Offer to buy GLD for Paypal Payment  (Read 6666 times)

Offline Armis

• Prospector
    • View Profile
    • Armis
Offer to buy GLD for Paypal Payment
« on: February 04, 2014, 12:58:23 PM »
if you want GLD to rise it has to move, if you don't buy it or sell it the value will certainly go down

here's my offer:

5000 Gld for 100 USD via paypal

This offer is valid for 5 days or until accepted, or until my next offer is made.
www.ArmisGame.com
Where Wisdom Always Wins

Offline tadspoles

• Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: Offer to buy GLD for Paypal Payment
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 01:53:38 PM »
Can you not buy it on Cryptsy or something?  GoldCoins value has gone up and down.  A new client will be released soon that will likely help the price very much.  Not only that, I truly hope BattleCoin is released soon so about 20-30 clone coins in front of us will be wiped out.

Offline Alpha

• Gold Miner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 11:37:50 AM »
I really doubt you are going to get a deal done by offering under market price. 
GLD:  EEbzQ6sFXQGxsqG8Y3bFnXJdm2ADg81XDk

Offline Armis

• Prospector
    • View Profile
    • Armis
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 08:10:41 PM »
I really doubt you are going to get a deal done by offering under market price.

Actually the market price is really what a buyer and seller are willing to do a deal now for.

The exchanges market price usually takes into consideration lots of factors, what it last sold for, buy order,s sell orders, and volume, given the inactivity of the position the stated value is not reliable. Notwithstanding, isn't there other changes one must go through to convert GLD to fiat when dealing with an exchange?  Doesn't it have to be converted to a "major coin" then cashed out?   What happens when GLD is down and the "major coin" is up, you loose value there.  Is there any liquidity value -- there's no wait time for my funds.

I don't think any of that are real factors, I think everyone is waiting for the value to go higher, in the mean time inactivity is causing the value to go down.

I offered over exchange value price and I've offered under, yet the response is the same -- no deal.

I give up.
www.ArmisGame.com
Where Wisdom Always Wins

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 11:05:19 PM »
I offered over exchange value price and I've offered under, yet the response is the same -- no deal.

Many sellers hesitate to mix reversible payment methods (PayPal) with non-reversible payment methods (GLD) especially when the risk taker is dealing with an untrusted party. I've had PayPal payments reversed on sales running in the many hundreds of dollars.

The best route is to buy BTC on coinbase.com and then exchange for GLD on Cryptsy.com.
"The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community."

Offline sizzflair

• Gold Miner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 03:59:00 PM »
Armis, I understand your frustration and the reasoning. I wish there's an easier way to buy and sell GLD.
GLD: EDL7N74CoLBnp3M4rsrYV1jyKP3vUg7tKP

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 04:29:18 PM »
Armis, I understand your frustration and the reasoning. I wish there's an easier way to buy and sell GLD.

Me too!  :)

I think the great thing also to keep in mind is one of the main reasons the price is so low is because of this hardship in buying the coin. Once this bottleneck is alleviated the price will most likely rise from its current level of 2 cents.

The recognition of this imbalance between current demand and the capacity of the system to meet that demand equate to opportunity for speculators willing to negotiate the existing exchange hurdles. The greatest returns were realized by the early bitcoin adopters.
"The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community."

Offline JohnWick7

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 06:10:21 AM »
It is worth thinking about bottlenecks.