March 29, 2024, 05:43:33 AM

Author Topic: Frozen Cgminer and wallet.  (Read 3281 times)

Offline bullgates

• View Profile
Frozen Cgminer and wallet.
« on: March 01, 2014, 09:58:37 PM »
Hi All,

New to mining and to gold.  I have 3 desktops w/ 2 7850's churning at about 830kHs each.  For about a week I had 2 separate machines  solo mining gold 24/7 and never had any other problems other than a few rejections.  2 nights ago I setup two machines to mine together by 1 machine acting as the server.  Last night the machine acting as the server had cgminer and the wallet freeze and not mine anything after 12:05 pm cst.  The client machine found 4-5 blocks but with no wallet to go to Ihave no idea where it went.  My bigger concern is that it does not happen for a longer time than last night.

Is there a setting I can put into the conf or bat that will restart the applications in the event of non activity detection.

Any info appreciated and thanks for your time.

All my builds are brand new with new hardware and software.  Operating environment is about 0 degrees so heat is not an issue.  Also zero HW errors.

Offline dustint

• Gold Miner
    • View Profile
Re: Frozen Cgminer and wallet.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 10:14:28 AM »
you can use a program called cgwatcher that you can put in settings to restart cgminer or your computer.  When i used to solo mine goldcoin i would just put a wallet on each computer that was mining.

Offline bullgates

• View Profile
Re: Frozen Cgminer and wallet.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 07:48:20 PM »
I just went back to a wallet on each pc instead of the server and wallet on one.  Seems more productive to solo mine instead of "daisy chaining". 

Can someone answer with any certainty if it is better to mine with multiple gpus or one powerful gpu.  Example:  Using gld as an example of solo mining.  Would your chances of finding a block be greater with 6 gpus on one pc running at 200kHs each for a total of 1200 on the rig or running one 7990 @ 1200 kHs? 

It seems to me that with multiple gpus your chances are greater but I do not how the discovery/solve algorithm is calculated. 

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks for the info on cgwatcher.