February 17, 2019, 04:50:33 pm

Author Topic: GLD to improvise against ASIC  (Read 8617 times)

Offline bobbyk45248

• View Profile
Re: GLD to improvise against ASIC
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2014, 09:20:57 pm »
our one month chart sure looks a lot better than most coins on cryptsy

Indeed!

Just to keep everyone in the loop...  :)

A large independent investor (not a dev, staff, or team member) sent me a courtesy message a couple of days ago and said that over the past few weeks that he had sold over 2 million goldcoins on Cryptsy. I can only imagine how this has impacted our market price considering the storm that altcoins have been weathering lately.

Anyway, he still holds a substantial position but said in the message that he is holding the rest. I think the fact that we stayed above a penny in the face of that kind of selling speaks volumes for our strength.

On a more positive note, we've had more new members join the forum during the month of March than the prior few months combined. And I'm getting flooded with emails and messages from people interested in Goldcoin. It looks like the weather is clearing a bit now and that we're about to make a turn towards clearer skies. (:D)

Viscis made a project board on Trello today with various tasks and goals. I'll start a new thread in the Project Development forum today with a link to the board.

Edit: Here's the link: https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=2423.0

Thanks for the update.  Liking the project board.  Can't wait to be a part of the community that will overcome the challenges and make us grow, together.

Someone selling 2 million GoldCoin isn't always a bad thing, especially since people had to buy them in order for him to say he "sold" them.

What hurts GoldCoin the worst is someone selling 2 million GoldCoin at once and them just sitting there up for sale with no buyers for a long time.
Goldcoin Receiving Address:
E242zB7cZ3EG99WffXvi1Ad8wLdG9jux9C

Offline MicroGuy

• @realMicroGuy
  • Administrator
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
Re: GLD to improvise against ASIC
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2014, 09:42:22 am »
I think rather than trying to come up with inventive ways to remain stuck in the stone age using video cards to mine crypto, we should welcome the advancement of ASIC mining technologies as an inevitable step in the evolution of alternative blockchains. Over time, the cost of these devices will decrease making them more affordable.

This new technology will help to increase network hash rate, improve security, add stability, and bring more legitimacy to digital currencies as a whole. What I suspect we'll see more of is "group buys" where several miners agree to pool their money to purchase an ASIC and then divide the coins mined among the group. There will also be leasing options available.

If cryptocurrencies are going to thrive, we need to stop worrying so much about easy mining, and start focusing on actually using these currencies to buy products and services, and only exchange them into fiat when absolutely necessary.
"The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community."