November 21, 2019, 01:59:40 pm

Author Topic: Just bought a couple Gridseed 5 Chip Miners  (Read 1213 times)

Offline ElscottHavoc

• View Profile
Just bought a couple Gridseed 5 Chip Miners
« on: March 03, 2015, 10:14:49 am »
Been a few years since I mined with dedicated Hardware and so I'm excited to get back into it.  At that point in time these ASIC systems weren't available so it was pretty much a dedicated hobbled mess of a rig in a corner of my bedroom.

Looking forward to having this off to the side of my computer without affecting my ability to use it and also looking forward to see what they're capable of mibring at.

At this point I'm just going to use 2 of them with a small usb hub, but depending on the success I'll consider upgrading.
GLD Tip Address:  DvwVGKumuYGV2PCRCeqEcW7TgvWB1EUvQz

Offline ElscottHavoc

• View Profile
Re: Just bought a couple Gridseed 5 Chip Miners
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 12:49:47 am »
So tonight I decided to purchase a 3rd Gridseed orb and also went ahead and spent a few bucks on a Raspberry Pi.  Highly doubt the mail man will be showing up before this weekend with any hardware but I figure if I'm going to go long term than a controller like raspberry pi will be necessary and if not then I can reuse it for another project. 

Perhaps if I have time I can write up a quick tutorial here on how to mine using a small Gridseed farm with raspberry pi...it can be daunting for absolute newbies I suppose.
GLD Tip Address:  DvwVGKumuYGV2PCRCeqEcW7TgvWB1EUvQz