August 09, 2020, 09:49:25 PM

Author Topic: [URGENT] All Rigs on Deck Mining Goldcoin Until the Fork  (Read 2518 times)

Offline MicroGuy

• @realMicroGuy
  • Forum Administrator
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
[URGENT] All Rigs on Deck Mining Goldcoin Until the Fork
« on: July 21, 2015, 09:04:49 PM »
Last night, I received multiple reports that clients were out of sync due to slow block times, so I was forced to add additional hashpower. But we're asking for your help in keeping the chain moving so we can reach the Golden River fork.

You can rent a rig here: https://www.betarigs.com/

I'm using the following pool: https://hash-to-coins.com/

We need to get to block 253000: http://gld.cryptocoinexplorer.com/

Currently, I have 500 MH/s added to the Goldcoin network. That is paid up until tomorrow night. Ideally, we need around 1 GH/s to power through to the fork. If you've been thinking of ways to help, this is an excellent chance to assist your community.

---
Estimated time until we reach the fork: 6 days
---

I'll update this thread daily as the situation develops.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:14:08 PM by MicroGuy »
"The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community."

Offline kreno777

• Gold Miner
    • View Profile
Re: [URGENT] All Rigs on Deck Mining Goldcoin Until the Fork
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 08:05:31 AM »
Last night, I received multiple reports that clients were out of sync due to slow block times, so I was forced to add additional hashpower. But we're asking for your help in keeping the chain moving so we can reach the Golden River fork.

You can rent a rig here: https://www.betarigs.com/

I'm using the following pool: https://hash-to-coins.com/

We need to get to block 253000: http://gld.cryptocoinexplorer.com/

Currently, I have 500 MH/s added to the Goldcoin network. That is paid up until tomorrow night. Ideally, we need around 1 GH/s to power through to the fork. If you've been thinking of ways to help, this is an excellent chance to assist your community.

---
Estimated time until we reach the fork: 6 days
---

I'll update this thread daily as the situation develops.

Just added another 100MH/s to Hash-to-coins. Sorted for at least the next 2 days.

Offline MicroGuy

• @realMicroGuy
  • Forum Administrator
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 10:42:35 AM »
Thanks for helping out Jason. Once we get to Goldcoin River the waters should flow smooth again! :)

Offline MicroGuy

• @realMicroGuy
  • Forum Administrator
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 02:29:52 PM »
We are asking that everyone stop mining for the moment and please stand by for a pending announcement.

Offline MicroGuy

• @realMicroGuy
  • Forum Administrator
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 03:47:50 PM »
Due to an attacker running up the mining difficulty, we've had to adjust the block height of the upcoming fork. Please update your wallets with the update just released today (version 0.7.2.0). You must update your client before block 251230 to remain compatible with the network.

Please update now! >>> http://www.gldcoin.com/get-started/

You should close your Goldcoin client, if it's running, before attempting to install this patch. The development team is currently on standby in the forum in the event you require technical assistance during this time.

Offline MicroGuy

• @realMicroGuy
  • Forum Administrator
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 04:37:23 PM »

Get your popcorn ready, Golden River will be making her debut this evening!

Offline Samurai

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 06:31:39 PM »
You said that developing a new wallet. While I see only one fork at a time.
You should to forget about a doomed system POW and should think to a more secure POW + POS.
Just look at the Diamond. This is a clear example of how the coin with the right technical solution is a success.

Offline akumaburn

• Lead Developer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 06:58:13 PM »
You should to forget about a doomed system POW and should think to a more secure POW + POS.
Just look at the Diamond. This is a clear example of how the coin with the right technical solution is a success.

Recent attacks on the network of 90% total hash power (which would of killed "Diamond" btw), required that we address this issue before the release of the new wallet.

POW is not doomed at all.. on the contrary POS is doomed.

That is because POS is actually centralized, with majority of the "votes/hashpower" going to those who hold the most/oldest coins. In other words, whomever controls the most/oldest coins, controls the network.

It is a Ponzi scheme good for little more than giving people the illusion of same level of security at better energy efficiency, combining the two makes POW your point of failure anyways.

With POW you know some actual work needed to be done to print the "value", with POS its very similar to FIAT where those who own the oldest/most coins can "print" for themselves, a limited percentage of coins per day.

I suggest looking into the history of the alternative crypto-coins, I think you'll be very surprised. GoldCoin (GLD) is older than almost all of them.. I think we came out a little while after FeatherCoin did.

After we came out a series of scam coins (like Diamond) were released for pump and dump schemes. These coins were usually fatally flawed in some manner or another. I wouldn't trust it at all. In fact GoldCoin was once one of these coins in its inception, however we took the coin over from the original developer(and fixed it) who had intended to kill it. All you need to do is look at the "Diamond" logo to see that its a non-stock photo of a diamond with a copy pasted ring that's been hue adjusted to blue around it.

I don't think that Ponzi scheme of a POS system can by any means be considered the "right technical solution", even if it does "correct" itself afterwards.

Want to donate to the Development Team?

GLD:
DztaVPtUd2M5TwfifBUaq5bLrAscYeMbyd

Offline Mart

• Been on the 'net since before Gore 'invented' it!
    • View Profile
    • Mart's 2013 personal stuff
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 02:16:05 PM »

Recent attacks on the network of 90% total hash power (which would of killed "Diamond" btw), required that we address this issue before the release of the new wallet.

POW is not doomed at all.. on the contrary POS is doomed.

That is because POS is actually centralized, with majority of the "votes/hashpower" going to those who hold the most/oldest coins. In other words, whomever controls the most/oldest coins, controls the network.

It is a Ponzi scheme good for little more than giving people the illusion of same level of security at better energy efficiency, combining the two makes POW your point of failure anyways.

With POW you know some actual work needed to be done to print the "value", with POS its very similar to FIAT where those who own the oldest/most coins can "print" for themselves, a limited percentage of coins per day.

I suggest looking into the history of the alternative crypto-coins, I think you'll be very surprised. GoldCoin (GLD) is older than almost all of them.. I think we came out a little while after FeatherCoin did.

After we came out a series of scam coins (like Diamond) were released for pump and dump schemes. These coins were usually fatally flawed in some manner or another. I wouldn't trust it at all. In fact GoldCoin was once one of these coins in its inception, however we took the coin over from the original developer(and fixed it) who had intended to kill it. All you need to do is look at the "Diamond" logo to see that its a non-stock photo of a diamond with a copy pasted ring that's been hue adjusted to blue around it.

I don't think that Ponzi scheme of a POS system can by any means be considered the "right technical solution", even if it does "correct" itself afterwards.

Excellent POST !!  Mr Akumaburn!

I am new to this forum but I have been mining in my own small way for a while. That is the BEST "discussion" of POW/POS that I have seen in about two years!

Thank you and... Happy  GLD Birthday!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 01:31:10 AM by akumaburn »
Nostalgia ain't what it used to be...

Offline akumaburn

• Lead Developer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 01:31:53 AM »
Thank you for the compliment :)

I corrected the quote in your post btw, seemed some of my original post got cut off.
Want to donate to the Development Team?

GLD:
DztaVPtUd2M5TwfifBUaq5bLrAscYeMbyd