August 09, 2020, 10:33:35 PM

Author Topic: Updated Goldcoin Information and Useful Links  (Read 2712 times)

Offline TestingCrypto

• Gold Panner
  • The world is what we make it, since the beginning.
    • View Profile
Updated Goldcoin Information and Useful Links
« on: September 01, 2015, 12:53:08 PM »

General Goldcoin [GLD] Information:     

This is the official GoldCoin information thread of Bitcointalk.

What is Goldcoin?

Click the video below to learn more about this innovative digital currency:

Technical Specifications:         

2.0 minute block targets

Block rewards in order:
Blocks 1 – 200 = 10,000 GLD
Blocks 201 – 2,200 = 1,000 GLD
Blocks 2,201 – 44,999 = 500 GLD
Starting Block 45,000 rewards drops to 45 GLD
Reward is then reduced each year using the following formula:
50 divided by (1.1 + 0.49*every year thereafter)

Total Premine: Zero (0)
Total Blocks: 26,325,000 (not final)

Total Coins Produced: 123,423,900

The default ports are 8121 (connect) and 8122 (fson rpc)

What makes Goldcoin different?

• A great name meaning "value" to billions of people Worldwide.
  • Unique and innovative 51% attack defense system.
  • A genuinely unique coin not just another litecoin clone.
  • Newly developed difficulty algorithm "Golden River."
  • Total number of coins to be mined 123,423,900.
  • Faster transactions than LTC and BTC - 2 minutes.
  • Faster difficulty adjustment time - each block.
  • Coin generation rules modeled after physical gold.
  • Hash algorithm (scrypt) making it ASIC resistant.
  • Gradual reduction in block reward creating diminishing coin supply.
  • Block reward rules that finally cap supply after 100 years of mining.

Coin Generation:
Our generation rules condense the entire history of gold from the beginning to the end, when Earth's finite supply is finally exhausted into a scaled and practical 100-year model making them both limited finite resources.

Get Started:               
To start using Goldcoin, you’ll need a wallet. A wallet is just like your online bank account, only your entire account is stored securely on your local computer or Android device.

From your wallet you can send and receive Goldcoin, manage your address book and review a history of your transactions.

Update: The Windows 0.7.2.0 client below has just been released. It is highly recommended that all Goldcoin users download and install this mandatory software update.

Paper Wallet:         

Official GLD sites:               

Development Channels:         

Kiwi IRC
coinwik.org
Trello.com
Slack.com

Social Media:         

Block Explorers:         

cryptocoinexplorer.com
miningpool.net
coinplorer.com

Mining Pools:     

H2C

inetraderP2Ppool

HashFaster's

iSpace

ScryptPool

MineShaft - Cryptopia

Mining Rentals: 

Mining Guides: 

Exchanges:         

Cryptopia.co.nz

c-cex.com

Research Tools & Indexes:         

World Coin Index           

Coin Market Cap

Crypto Compare

Coin Gecko           

Brave New Coin

Crypto Coin

Coin Warz

Crypt Trader           

CoinCap

Coin Finance

Cyber*Fund

Open Workforce Projects

>   GoldCoin (GLD) Open Workforce

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 10:33:51 AM by TestingCrypto »
Applications are creating ways for people around the world to learn, work & innovating the path for the future. Still very few people see what can be built with what is being created here...
E8Gvgpc3j6SXo2EW6sLbjutDrD8f4jcppq

Offline TestingCrypto

• Gold Panner
    • View Profile
Re: Updated Goldcoin Information and Useful Links
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 02:00:19 PM »
Updating as I type, will try to keep it aligned with what CryptoSolar has on coinwik.org. The new beta Slack RSS is still a fail, but a email just for Slack notify is an idea? I was able to get a good webhook for the BBcode from my Github to Slack, now all updates will post there with every update & should be easier to see when the code on Bitcointalk needs to be updated with a copy & paste. Both Trello apps are linked as well to Slack, but I will need an invite to test, the Facebook & Twitter are only linkable with the person who controls it (they would have to accept the app linking to Slack for it to work). Will also see if I can get the new IRC to webhook to Slack as well, but that might also be an option only allowed by the creator of the IRC?
Applications are creating ways for people around the world to learn, work & innovating the path for the future. Still very few people see what can be built with what is being created here...

Offline cryptosolar

• DreamTeam
  • - Leading light -
    • View Profile
    • https://www.goldcoin.org/
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 03:15:30 PM »
Updating as I type, will try to keep it aligned with what CryptoSolar has on coinwik.org. The new beta Slack RSS is still a fail, but a email just for Slack notify is an idea? I was able to get a good webhook for the BBcode from my Github to Slack, now all updates will post there with every update & should be easier to see when the code on Bitcointalk needs to be updated with a copy & paste. Both Trello apps are linked as well to Slack, but I will need an invite to test, the Facebook & Twitter are only linkable with the person who controls it (they would have to accept the app linking to Slack for it to work). Will also see if I can get the new IRC to webhook to Slack as well, but that might also be an option only allowed by the creator of the IRC?

THX U so much for help ! +1 for U
GLD - The Gold Standard of Digital Currency - (Goldcoin.org)
#Community First  (gldcoin.in) Goldcoin India Project -
www.goldcoinpool.com / 1% fee // GLD E9gjbbzCMErqQ4cKGGEzaPNJBSszChhGyX

Offline cryptosolar

• DreamTeam
  • - Leading light -
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 02:44:43 AM »
https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/gld/overview made a update on exchanges = CCEX , Cryptopia

THX to theCryptocompare team  :)

I ve wrote a e-mail to http://cryptocoin.cc/table.php?cryptocoin=goldcoin and asked if the can switch the source information (api) to C-Cex

« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 03:12:57 AM by cryptosolar »

Offline TestingCrypto

• Gold Panner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 08:18:59 PM »
Updated: https://github.com/TestingCrypto/BBcode/commit/4d96992a3934104001dc5224bd8c2a9a7907676e

P.S. Sorry for leaving Slack cryptosolar, the losses over the years will get one down from time to time & really put a damper on things. I may deserve it for the life that was lived as a trouble kid (as we are judge on our past throughout the course of history), but will not give up on trying to make everything right again & know it's how the world is brought up. It's a give & take world, but what most don't understand is that it's what defines us as people.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 04:23:15 PM by TestingCrypto »

Offline cryptosolar

• DreamTeam
  • - Leading light -
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 02:38:40 PM »
Updated: https://github.com/TestingCrypto/BBcode/commit/4d96992a3934104001dc5224bd8c2a9a7907676e

P.S. Sorry for leaving Slack cryptosolar, the losses over the years will get one down from time to time & really put a damper on things. I may deserve it for the life that was lived as a trouble kid (as we are judge on our past throughout the course of history), but will not give up on trying to make everything right again & know it's how the world is brought up. It's a give & take world, but most don't understand is that it's what defines us as people.

I always enjoy to read your comments  :)

i can send you a invitation for slackdevbeta again if you want ?

Nobody is Perfect , so no problem at all  8)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:14:06 PM by cryptosolar »

Offline TestingCrypto

• Gold Panner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 03:31:04 PM »

P.S. Sorry for leaving Slack cryptosolar, the losses over the years will get one down from time to time & really put a damper on things. I may deserve it for the life that was lived as a trouble kid (as we are judge on our past throughout the course of history), but will not give up on trying to make everything right again & know it's how the world is brought up. It's a give & take world, but most don't understand is that it's what defines us as people.

Yes please send me an invite, as I would like to help with github in the future & maybe learn more coding skills. The GUI from bitcoin compared to some of the new alts is what really interest me, reason why I posted about the ROKOS operating system. That is what all of this is, code that runs on hardware & the key to the future of the world. I think open source is a major part of that, but also see that there needs to be closed for many purposes. The web-browsers & websites are also much of what I see in these applications,  the internet & PCs have come along way in the world.

Offline cryptosolar

• DreamTeam
  • - Leading light -
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 04:54:44 PM »

Yes please send me an invite, as I would like to help with github in the future & maybe learn more coding skills. The GUI from bitcoin compared to some of the new alts is what really interest me, reason why I posted about the ROKOS operating system. That is what all of this is, code that runs on hardware & the key to the future of the world. I think open source is a major part of that, but also see that there needs to be closed for many purposes. The web-browsers & websites are also much of what I see in these applications,  the internet & PCs have come along way in the world.

I ve reactivated your account on slack : https://goldcoindevslackbeta.slack.com should work now  :)

please dont forget to Vote !  :) if you have not done this yet  :)

https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=3442.msg15519;topicseen#msg15519