April 19, 2024, 12:00:26 AM

Author Topic: GoldCoin Wallet v4.x  (Read 38306 times)

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
Re: GoldCoin Wallet v4.x
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2016, 03:12:26 AM »
Thanks for the links to other services that provide more currencies.  I will see about adding one in.

My time is very limited for the rest of the month for development of this app.  I will try to replace all the "Bitcoin" with GoldCoin as a first priority.  The second will be the exchange rates for other key currencies. 

If anything is changed on the app, I will publish to GitHub and post a link to it here for testing.  Google Play listings will happen in August.  Currently I am considering having this app as a new listing instead of replacing the current app.  Theoretically, the new app is backward compatible iwth the old app as far as installing over it and using the wallet files of the old app.
GLD: E1A6WogjpqU3KjjoRUD63f7kofrFozmyfg

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2016, 08:53:36 PM »
Thanks for the links to other services that provide more currencies.  I will see about adding one in.

My time is very limited for the rest of the month for development of this app.  I will try to replace all the "Bitcoin" with GoldCoin as a first priority.  The second will be the exchange rates for other key currencies. 

If anything is changed on the app, I will publish to GitHub and post a link to it here for testing.  Google Play listings will happen in August.  Currently I am considering having this app as a new listing instead of replacing the current app.  Theoretically, the new app is backward compatible iwth the old app as far as installing over it and using the wallet files of the old app.

This is excellent news Eric!

The Gold Club in Nigeria is gearing up now for the launch of the new app. They are very excited!  :thumbsup:
"The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community."

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2016, 10:23:28 PM »
Looks like the NGN currency is in the App. 

The app will use one of three sites to get the exchange rates.  First is bitpay.com, which has NGN. If there is a problem getting that information, then it will get the information from another site that does not have NGN.

Next step is to change Bitcoin to GoldCoin.

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2016, 12:12:38 AM »

Offline tadspoles

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2016, 01:01:25 AM »
Stouse is the hero we don't deserve.  Hopefully the big bankers don't steal him away.  I read somewhere that there are only 5000 people in the world that know enough to understand and code in a blockchain environment.  There's a lot of demand for experienced blockchain devs. 

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2016, 11:48:10 AM »
Excellent! I have downloaded the app and was able to set the default exchange rate to NGN.  :thumbsup:

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2016, 07:50:39 PM »
Any problems with this app? 

Features that don't work include:
* Paper Wallet Sweep

Offline goldclub

• GoldCoin Africa
  • DreamTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2016, 06:30:45 PM »
The app is working fine. thanks for the committed effort on the project.  we look forward to its release.

You made mention of releasing it independent separate from what we have now. i will like to understand what you mean by that,  in all it is well.

Well done !!!!

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2016, 10:50:06 PM »
To answer the question by goldclub, there are two ways to release the app on Google Play:
1.  It is an upgrade to the current app.  After publishing to Google Play, users will get the update on their phone and it will replace the old Goldcoin Wallet is currently on Google Play.
2.  It is a separate app.  Users will have to install it on their own from Google Play.  If they have the old GoldCoin wallet, both will exist on the phone.

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2016, 10:44:28 AM »
I've been testing the app again this morning and received the following error.  :think:

I had both the new app and the old app running at the same time. Not sure if that was the problem or not.

Also, does the latest app have a backup function? I was looking around but couldn't find one.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 10:49:01 AM by MicroGuy »

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2016, 10:25:17 PM »
I've been testing the app again this morning and received the following error.  :think:

I had both the new app and the old app running at the same time. Not sure if that was the problem or not.

Also, does the latest app have a backup function? I was looking around but couldn't find one.

This error or warning happens from time to time, especially on older devices.  Not sure how to fix it.

How to backup?  Go to Options | Safety | Backup wallet.

This back up is a once and done back up.  After backing up, you never have to back up again to save new transactions or anything.  This wallet is an HD wallet, were all addresses are determined by a seed value.

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2016, 01:38:14 AM »
At the end of the month, I want to publish the new app on Google Play.  I have one question:  Should it be:
1.  an upgrade to the current app.  After publishing to Google Play, users will get the update on their phone and it will replace the old Goldcoin Wallet is currently on Google Play.
2.  a separate app.  Users will have to install it on their own from Google Play.  If they have the old GoldCoin wallet, both will exist on the phone.

Offline cryptosolar

• Legendary
  • - Leading light -
    • View Profile
    • https://www.goldcoin.org/
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2016, 04:58:30 AM »
At the end of the month, I want to publish the new app on Google Play.  I have one question:  Should it be:
1.  an upgrade to the current app.  After publishing to Google Play, users will get the update on their phone and it will replace the old Goldcoin Wallet is currently on Google Play.
2.  a separate app.  Users will have to install it on their own from Google Play.  If they have the old GoldCoin wallet, both will exist on the phone.

If i would have the choice i would take Nr.1

- It will not spam your phone with too much apps and and then accidentally delete the one with the coins  :shock:

- maybe it is a bit confusing for people on google play and we have still a lot of good reputation for the "old" app, so to keep this on the back is not a bad thing to have i guess ?

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2016, 11:59:02 PM »
If we go with #1, then I would like to see some results of importing the wallet from the old one to the new one.  Did anyone try this yet?

Offline goldclub

• GoldCoin Africa
  • DreamTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2016, 01:23:28 AM »
Lets have a separate app with a distinctive name to show the difference from the old to the new.

For us in Nigeria we have not started loading any app at so we will be alert users on the difference and if you choose to have the 2 provided the names are different it will not be a problem for us.

we needed make the name stand out.  and communicate the benefit or functionality of the apps version.