June 19, 2019, 05:39:43 am

Author Topic: GoldCoin Wallet v4.x  (Read 13176 times)

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
GoldCoin Wallet v4.x
« on: June 13, 2016, 01:24:29 am »
Work has begun on the upgrade of the GoldCoin wallet.  The time to finish this sometime in July.
Here is the Beta Release:
https://github.com/Stouse49/goldcoin-wallet/releases/tag/v4.58.1-beta

Here is the source:
https://github.com/Stouse49/goldcoinj (release-0.14 branch) - This is the base Java Library.
https://github.com/Stouse49/goldcoin-wallet (master branch)

We won't be using the older source except for some custom code that is specific to GoldCoin.

Small donations (like 1-10 GLD) and replies to this thread will speed up the work on this project.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:20:09 am by Stouse49 »
GLD: E1A6WogjpqU3KjjoRUD63f7kofrFozmyfg

Offline MicroGuy

• @realMicroGuy
  • Administrator
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
Re: GoldCoin Wallet v4.x
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 09:04:29 pm »
This is great news! I'm very much looking forward to the new wallet.  :)

~~

Please consider supporting this project by contributing GLD to the developer: E1A6WogjpqU3KjjoRUD63f7kofrFozmyfg
"The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community."

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 11:51:11 am »
This is great news! I'm very much looking forward to the new wallet.  :)

~~

Based on this reply, I have made sure the Java Library for GoldCoin can connect to the network and sync the blockchain using the correct POW and the Golden River.

Offline goldclub

• GoldCoin Africa
  • DreamTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 11:13:56 pm »
I am most deligted on the progress and the development of the wallet.  To be on top of our game and make goldcoin the lead coin globally.
we need to look at the following.

1. security and user friendly aspect of the application.

2. We need to ensure that when someone get hold of your mobile phone he does not just have access to your wallet. introduction of pin before you get to the wallet should be worked on.

3. the application should allow copy of wallet ID or option to send your ID apart from the QR Code.

4. We need to find a way to have notification via email or SMS option.

5. 2FA security via email or google authentication.

6.  so Far i must say the effort put in place is wow. 

7. using this medium to appreciate all in the team developer, mobile, administrator etc.  together goldcoin will rule the world.

I will drop my suggestion from time to time as we get feedback from the market.

Offline MicroGuy

• @realMicroGuy
  • Administrator
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 05:16:37 pm »
It's great to see the app is now under development. Is there an example version of this app that can be downloaded?

Do you know of any altcoins that have forked the blockchain.info app? https://github.com/blockchain

I think the new app has a lot of potential for use globally, especially now that Gold Club International will be distributing the app throughout its organization. Given the current scale of smartphone use, I think it's safe to say that moving forward this app will see much heavier usage than the desktop client.

Would it be possible to have a finished version released next month? Is there anything we can do to help?

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 08:13:04 pm »
It's great to see the app is now under development. Is there an example version of this app that can be downloaded?

Do you know of any altcoins that have forked the blockchain.info app? https://github.com/blockchain

I think the new app has a lot of potential for use globally, especially now that Gold Club International will be distributing the app throughout its organization. Given the current scale of smartphone use, I think it's safe to say that moving forward this app will see much heavier usage than the desktop client.

Would it be possible to have a finished version released next month? Is there anything we can do to help?

Due to my limited progress so far, the only example app that one can download right now is the Bitcoin Wallet from Google Play.  I am taking this app and converting it to GoldCoin.  All of the features will be the same.

Has any altcoin forked the Blochchain.info app?  Not to my knowledge as far as making a working app:  one guy on github forked the android version, https://github.com/anesi/My-Wallet-V3-Android, and changed the text and graphics for another coin, but that is not enough to make it work!  From what I know, the blockchain app depends on their Server, which is not open source.  Other apps such as Samourai have been developed that use the blockchain.info servers, but its for bitcoin only.  There is one block explorer at chainz.cryptoid.info and parts of their API mimic blockchain.info, but not enough to make a working app.

Yes, its possible to have this finished by July.  The way to help is to stay interested and ask about my progress.  When I made the poll for this, there were only 5 replies, seemingly not much interest.

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 08:19:51 pm »
We need to look at the following.

1. security and user friendly aspect of the application.
2. We need to ensure that when someone get hold of your mobile phone he does not just have access to your wallet. introduction of pin before you get to the wallet should be worked on.
3. the application should allow copy of wallet ID or option to send your ID apart from the QR Code.
4. We need to find a way to have notification via email or SMS option.
5. 2FA security via email or google authentication.
6.  so Far i must say the effort put in place is wow. 
7. using this medium to appreciate all in the team developer, mobile, administrator etc.  together goldcoin will rule the world.

Here are the answers:
1.  Security will include a PIN that is required to spend.  Otherwise, the user should have a locked phone or device.  It will only be as easy to use as https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet
2.  See number 1
3.  Not sure what this is unless you are talking about BIP39 (seed words) or XPUB or XPRV.  Currently this wallet can show the XPUB or share it, but that is it.  It can make backups of the wallet in its own format.
4.  Not included.
5.  Not included.  This app doesn't use any external servers, it is a peer to peer app.  It connects to the GoldCoin network just like the desktop client using the GoldCoin Wire Protocol.
6.  Thanks.
7.  Great.

I won't be adding any new features to the app that are not already present in Bitcoin Wallet.  If those developers add features, then I can add update the code to get them.

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 08:21:04 pm »
More progress has been made today.  Key settings were changed from Bitcoin to GoldCoin for important things like transaction fees, ticker symbols, etc.

Offline MicroGuy

• @realMicroGuy
  • Administrator
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 08:27:31 pm »
Yes, its possible to have this finished by July.  The way to help is to stay interested and ask about my progress.  When I made the poll for this, there were only 5 replies, seemingly not much interest.

Thank you for this explanation. I think the lack of interest in the poll could have been related to the fact our community has so many different platforms: bitcointalk, slack, discord, gldtalk, facebook group, and even various foreign versions of some of those.

I'm going to make a concentrated effort to promote this forum as the primary hub for our community. Then the members can help to disseminate the information across the other many platforms.

The Android App is of great importance, and I will try to do a better job of increasing awareness and interest in this vital work.

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 10:20:54 pm »
Do we have an SVG or AI file of the logo we want to use.  I found an older PSD, but I don't know how to convert it to a vector file.

Offline MicroGuy

• @realMicroGuy
  • Administrator
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 11:06:54 pm »

Offline goldclub

• GoldCoin Africa
  • DreamTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 11:58:15 pm »
This is good. woke up this morning to see the update . i m very happy on this News.

take this from me we need this app. i dont want to get goldclub members now on the forum.

As soon as we have the app ready then we will see that they join this community forum.

The traffic and feedback that you will get , be ready.

we cant wait to hear the realise As soon as possible.

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 01:26:13 am »
I hit a few problems today.  One is solved, the second isn't.  Some of these code changes are tough!

Offline cryptosolar

• DreamTeam
  • - Leading light -
    • View Profile
    • https://www.goldcoin.org/
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 07:36:34 am »
- Stouse49 in my eyes you are the man of the hour or just a Goldcoin HERO  :)
- i am really interested in your App and Nigeria too  :)
- just want to ask whats about the Electrum servers, and is it possible to connect the App with it one day ?
- If i could i would help you but i am a pretty noob at developing apps...anyway if there is anything i can help you, i will do it.

THX U  :)

(I ve send 10 GLD as sign of my interest and donated some gld)
GLD - The Gold Standard of Digital Currency - (Goldcoin.org)
#Community First  (gldcoin.in) Goldcoin India Project -
www.goldcoinpool.com / 1% fee // GLD E9gjbbzCMErqQ4cKGGEzaPNJBSszChhGyX

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 11:31:45 am »
Status:  Enough has been changed on the app to get it to connect to the GoldCoin network and sync the blockchain.  I am only connecting to one peer, though this node list on gldcoin.com has several more:

Code: [Select]
addnode=104.28.0.76
addnode=104.28.1.76
addnode=107.161.23.159
addnode=24.54.97.47
addnode=216.170.126.215
addnode=167.160.36.162 <-- app only connects to this one

This app will never use Electrum Servers.  If we want an app that uses those servers, we will need to make a new app, such as Coinomi.  I could do that one too, if someone else sets up the electrum servers.