October 19, 2018, 12:32:35 am

Author Topic: Missing coins  (Read 881 times)

Offline Ian trigg

• View Profile
Missing coins
« on: August 10, 2018, 01:59:05 am »
Good Morning. Im having issues still with the app. Its constanly resetting my amount of coin everytime i open it. It also isnt showing the ones my friend sent over two days ago. If i reset block chain they come up, but my others dont at all. If o reset from back up my old amount shows but the new ones dont. Its not giving me much faith tbh as its happening for over 2 months now and email response has been ultra slow.

Offline MicroGuy

• @realMicroGuy
  • Administrator
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
Re: Missing coins
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 10:00:13 am »
Thank you Ian for posting and welcome to the forum. Rest assured, we will help you get this problem resolved.

It sounds like you have multiple issues. I would advise to make a good backup, and then send the coins to your desktop wallet address. Once you have the coins off the phone and safely in the wallet on your computer, reply to this thread and I will provide instructions for resetting your app.

FYI, our developers are working now on a major upgrade for the Android app. This update will solve the syncing issue and will be available in the Google Playstore later this month.
"The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community."

Offline Ian trigg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 06:38:54 am »
His

I already have a good back up but it's not seeing the new coins. I will back up again  later tonight and do the desktop way and see if it cures anything and report back.

Offline MicroGuy

• @realMicroGuy
  • Administrator
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 04:28:09 pm »
His

I already have a good back up but it's not seeing the new coins. I will back up again  later tonight and do the desktop way and see if it cures anything and report back.

Okay. The main thing I'm trying to do is have you move the coins off the phone, since one condition results in one set of coins appearing and a second condition results in a different set of coins appearing. This way you can reproduce each condition until all coins have been safely sent to your desktop machine.

We are now testing the new updated Android App in Slack. As long as this testing goes smoothly, the update will soon be made available in the Google Playstore. At that time, you can update your phone and the syncing problem will be solved.

Offline Ian trigg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 04:22:08 pm »
That will be good as i do check on them while im at work and sort out buying them from a close friend as he has other accounts on different platforms to enable him to buy them as is much more clued up on it than i am.

It just installing on the laptop now, did a fresh back up before so will transfer them over when the laptop is finished. Do i just send them from one wallet to another using the qr codes? Should i send the larger amount first, reset block chain then send over the new lot when only they show up?

Thanks for your help too :)

Offline MicroGuy

• @realMicroGuy
  • Administrator
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 05:23:20 pm »
That will be good as i do check on them while im at work and sort out buying them from a close friend as he has other accounts on different platforms to enable him to buy them as is much more clued up on it than i am.

It just installing on the laptop now, did a fresh back up before so will transfer them over when the laptop is finished. Do i just send them from one wallet to another using the qr codes? Should i send the larger amount first, reset block chain then send over the new lot when only they show up?

Thanks for your help too :)

Hi,

With the latest desktop wallet you should select Receive > Request payment. Then in the Android app select Send Coins and press the camera icon to scan the QR code. This will allow you to safely send the coins from your mobile to your desktop.

There is a beta version of the new Android app that is currently being tested. The syncing issue is resolved in this version. If you would like a copy to test, please let me know and I will send you the private download link with instructions via private message.

Cheers!  :)

Offline Ian trigg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 07:57:25 am »
I was sent the new version last night by my friend. It's fixed the sync issue but the new 1003 coins he sent me are not showing at all now :(

Offline MicroGuy

• @realMicroGuy
  • Administrator
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 10:28:09 am »
I was sent the new version last night by my friend. It's fixed the sync issue but the new 1003 coins he sent me are not showing at all now :(

What is the transaction ID or address containing the missing transaction? How many backups do you have?

Offline Ian trigg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 04:40:21 pm »
Hi

The id he sent them to is E3rpEcoku53TTD4YajVtXpKBGycznpGcZN

I have a back up on my phone and one on google drive.

Offline MicroGuy

• @realMicroGuy
  • Administrator
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 04:54:37 pm »
Hi

The id he sent them to is E3rpEcoku53TTD4YajVtXpKBGycznpGcZN

I have a back up on my phone and one on google drive.

You can see here the coins are safely sitting on the address.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gld/address.dws?E3rpEcoku53TTD4YajVtXpKBGycznpGcZN.htm

Good Morning. Im having issues still with the app. Its constanly resetting my amount of coin everytime i open it. It also isnt showing the ones my friend sent over two days ago. If i reset block chain they come up, but my others dont at all. If o reset from back up my old amount shows but the new ones dont. Its not giving me much faith tbh as its happening for over 2 months now and email response has been ultra slow.

Based on this behavior, it sounds like you are dealing with two different wallet files on the phone. If that's the case, you are going to need to locate a backup for the second wallet before you will be able to recover the coins.

Offline Ian trigg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 04:57:52 pm »
Hi

I have only ever had one file on the phone and the other in the cloud. They are both the same back up created within 2 mins of each other so that if i swapped my phone i had it saved.

If the coins are there will putting my wallet on my laptop solve the issue do you think as with the resetting issue i had it would never give me enough time to back up when i had the new coins on there own.

Offline MicroGuy

• @realMicroGuy
  • Administrator
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 04:58:52 pm »
Hi

I have only ever had one file on the phone and the other in the cloud. They are both the same back up created within 2 mins of each other so that if i swapped my phone i had it saved.

If the coins are there will putting my wallet on my laptop solve the issue do you think?

The behavior you describe in the first post of this thread is highly unusual.

A duplicate wallet could have been created if you have cleared the storage on that app in the settings or if the original wallet file somehow became corrupted. That would explain why you have one set of coins under one condition, and a second set of coins under the second condition.

That is why I had suggested you move the coins from the phone before attempting to update or troubleshoot the app.

Offline Ian trigg

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 05:00:57 pm »
Im just waiting for the laptop version to catch up with the network.

Offline Ian trigg

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2018, 02:00:34 am »
The coins are now safely in the wallet on my laptop.

Offline MicroGuy

• @realMicroGuy
  • Administrator
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2018, 09:29:41 am »
The coins are now safely in the wallet on my laptop.

This is the best news I've had all week!

At this point, I think I would probably reset the app and start with a new wallet. This can be accomplished by entering the setting of your phone and selecting Apps and Notifications. Then choose the GoldCoin app and select "Storage". Now clear both the Storage and Cache.

This will reset the app creating a fresh wallet ready to use. Don't forget to backup your new wallet.