April 19, 2024, 09:38:44 PM

Author Topic: Identify wallet private key?  (Read 4192 times)

Offline rssfs

• View Profile
Identify wallet private key?
« on: October 21, 2018, 08:22:00 PM »
Hello, I have Goldcoin latest wallet on my computer. I have sent some coins to the wallet from an exchange. Success! But now I am wondering where is my private key? What if I lose my computer? I looked in the wallet but don't see it. Maybe hidden?

Help needed.

Thank you.

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
Re: Identify wallet private key?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 03:18:27 PM »
Hello, I have Goldcoin latest wallet on my computer. I have sent some coins to the wallet from an exchange. Success! But now I am wondering where is my private key? What if I lose my computer? I looked in the wallet but don't see it. Maybe hidden?

Help needed.

Thank you.

The private key is hidden but can be exported at anytime using a command in the console.

The best way to protect your wallet is by backing it up and keeping the file some place safe.
"The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community."

Offline rssfs

• View Profile
Re: Identify wallet private key?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 08:42:18 PM »
Thank you sir! If you don't mind another question. I made a paper wallet on the goldcoin website and printed it for safe keeping. It has a Goldcoin address and a private key. How do I add the address on the paper wallet to my gold coin computer wallet?  This is so that I can send my exchange coins to my new paper wallet address.