April 19, 2024, 04:22:00 PM

Author Topic: Been busy making Guitars  (Read 2734 times)

Offline ipaint

• Global Moderator
  • Artist View
    • View Profile
    • Abstract Artist
Been busy making Guitars
« on: August 10, 2019, 09:31:18 PM »
I've been busy making Cigar Box Guitars the past month. I made this video showing how I use nails as frets. I tossed the fret board in the trash and made a new one. The nails just didn't line up. Some were high and some were low and there was no way of filing them down to match each other. But besides my art/painting I build cigar box guitars. This is why I'm not on Telegram that much. I spend more time on the forum when I'm online.

I just opened the channel so I could use all the subscribers I can get. YouTube wants people to have 1,000 subscribers to Live Stream. I would rather setup my phone and Live Stream at times when I'm building a CBG. I don't edit anything :-)

« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 12:51:28 AM by ipaint »
Artist, Writer, Producer, Voice-overs,  DJ,
View my art work on AbstractArtist.xyz
GLD: DtJthUQungFQZ65c9j7PcmjSyTfWKRq3LL

Offline ipaint

• Global Moderator
  • Artist View
    • View Profile
    • Abstract Artist
Re: Been busy making Guitars
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 01:03:05 PM »
Here's one that I made using the brad nails as frets. If anyone would like me to make a Cigar Box Guitar let me know. I'll make it with fret wire and add a Piezo pickup. A humbucker pickup would cost more. With a Piezo pickup $75.00 with a Humbucker pickup $125.00, plus shipping and handling fees. Shipping fees within the U.S. should be around $20.00. IT will be shipped via Fedex.

Artist, Writer, Producer, Voice-overs,  DJ,
View my art work on AbstractArtist.xyz
GLD: DtJthUQungFQZ65c9j7PcmjSyTfWKRq3LL