April 16, 2024, 07:34:54 PM

Author Topic: Making the Greatest "Overall" Currency on the Planet  (Read 2431 times)

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
Making the Greatest "Overall" Currency on the Planet
« on: April 15, 2020, 12:32:03 AM »
In my estimation, we have the perfect foundation for building the greatest currency in the history of mankind.

It really is the gold standard of digital currency. Goldcoin currently has a 15,000% greater capacity than Bitcoin with Tx speeds 400% faster. This is obviously an excellent starting point for competing in the field.

But how can we improve and provide users with an even better use-case and experience? Below I will detail my ideas for turning this project around and getting the markets back into the green.

1. We need the warning removed from Coinmarketcap.com since it has no basis. Both websites are in agreement in regards to the roadmap and whitepaper. And both sides have acknowledged publicly that our project has no owners.

Goldcoin is open-source and decentralized. The entire point of crypto is to get away from top-down central authorities. This is mainly because absolute power corrupts absolutely. Physical gold isn't controlled by a single country or single authority, and can neither perfect money.

2. Transactions must be private. A cash payment system isn't cash if transactions can be tracked on the blockchain. Any cryptocurrency lacking privacy that claims to be a cash payment system is lying.

Our team is currently exploring the best available options for adding this privacy feature to Goldcoin. I'll break that all down in a future thread.

3. Proof of Work is not sustainable and must be replaced, preferably within the next 5 years. I have written a whitepaper on a new consensus algorithm called Proof of Participation that can accomplish this task. It's still in the experimental stages, but we have determined that this will indeed work.

Turning this project around and digging ourselves out of this hole will not be easy. I certainly can't do it alone.

But by following these steps, and with the support of the entire community, we can easily achieve these goals and climb to the very top.

And I don't mean just the top of coinmarketcap, I mean becoming the most popular currency on this planet.
"The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community."

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
Re: Making the Greatest "Overall" Currency on the Planet
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 09:00:55 AM »
People ask me all the time how to support Goldcoin if they have no technical skills.

https://altilly.com/market/GLC_BTC

It's very simple support our market on Altilly!

"The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community."