April 25, 2024, 11:38:16 PM

Author Topic: Android App update  (Read 7338 times)

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
Android App update
« on: November 04, 2013, 04:35:32 PM »
Any news on the timing of the latest update for the Android App. Coins are currently frozen at the moment. Nice app by the way, it usually runs very smoothly, and has a fast interface. Might you add some form of password option to login to the app?

Offline MicroGuy

• System Admin
  • "Shoot for the Stars!"
    • View Profile
    • MicroGuy.com
Re: Android App update
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 04:43:05 PM »
Glad you like the Android App.  :D

Stouse49 has put a tremendous amount of work into the project and done a fantastic job. We anticipate having an updated app sometime later this evening. I'll pass along your suggestion about a password feature.
"The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community."

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 01:03:26 AM »
The latest Android App is from today and has been published on the website, http://gldcoin.com/get-started/ and Google Play.
GLD: E1A6WogjpqU3KjjoRUD63f7kofrFozmyfg

Offline Byte4ngel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 01:13:26 PM »
Nice 1. With the update to 1.07 it syncronized and runs perfectly smooth on my GNex.
I like the feature were it calculates your GLD in USD, would like to see this feature in the desktop wallet as well!
ECf2syZx1tjN2r3S2byottrhkG6bjX9d6j

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 06:36:32 PM »
Nice 1. With the update to 1.07 it syncronized and runs perfectly smooth on my GNex.

Unfortunately, we discovered this morning that the app doesn't sync with the correct blockchain past 102999.  This will be fixed later today.

I like the feature were it calculates your GLD in USD, would like to see this feature in the desktop wallet as well!

This is a feature I would like to see as well.

Offline Byte4ngel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 08:02:07 PM »

Unfortunately, we discovered this morning that the app doesn't sync with the correct blockchain past 102999.  This will be fixed later today.

This is a feature I would like to see as well.

Any news about version 1.08?

Btw. i have a feature request for the app.
Like i said, i like the feature that it calculates your GLD in USD so would it be possible to let it calculate in Euro, Yen, British Pounds or even other CryptoCoins? That would be pretty awesome!

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 09:33:47 PM »
The update process for version 1.08 is taking longer than we would like, however the other features you are asking about are all ready included.

On the main screen of the app, hit the context menu button on your phone and select "Exchange Rates".  From there you can view all the available currencies, including BTC and LTC.  You can also change the default that shows up on the main screen of the app.

Offline Byte4ngel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 09:38:34 PM »
The update process for version 1.08 is taking longer than we would like, however the other features you are asking about are all ready included.

On the main screen of the app, hit the context menu button on your phone and select "Exchange Rates".  From there you can view all the available currencies, including BTC and LTC.  You can also change the default that shows up on the main screen of the app.

Oh shame on me, i didn't notice it 'cause it always said something like "Couldn't connect to Exchange Servers" so i totaly missed it :P

And to be honest, take the time you need for the app. I want the perfect app for the perfect coin :D

Offline Stouse49

• Gold Engineer
  • DevTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 09:43:06 PM »
Oh shame on me, i didn't notice it 'cause it always said something like "Couldn't connect to Exchange Servers" so i totaly missed it :P

And to be honest, take the time you need for the app. I want the perfect app for the perfect coin :D

Thanks for your support.  At this time Cryptsy has the GoldCoin Market offline, therefore the app cannot "connect to Exchange Servers" and get the exchange rates with all the other currencies.

Offline Byte4ngel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 10:04:33 PM »
Thanks for your support.  At this time Cryptsy has the GoldCoin Market offline, therefore the app cannot "connect to Exchange Servers" and get the exchange rates with all the other currencies.

Are you sure about this? Because on the website itself it seems there were some transactions in the last 6 hrs or so.

Edit: Ahh [LANGUAGE] i was talking about CoinEX and not Cryptsy...sry my bad.

Offline darthreaper4

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 09:46:34 AM »
Hey in the new version can there be a option to force sync all the time? Even when not connected to power. So that people who have trouble syncing up can catch up? I've been having nightmares syncing up on my Galaxy Note 2.
GoldCoin Wallet
EGiWoFgQRXvkBijUeMLJyrQKBBHSvdNMhQ

Offline ruecianfate

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2013, 01:41:07 AM »
will it work on any android phones?